What Are You Proud Of Today?

Rainahblue

Not feeling embarrassed about crying in front of my partner when we were watching a tv program 2nite. Something on it triggered my sense of loss about my parents (my mother in particular) because they didnt show me love & affection..... It just made me feel really sad. But instead of hiding it like I usually do, I let the tears out instead

I could name a bunch of things I am NOT proud of, and I was reminded of many of them today. However, I am proud of:

• taking a walk even though I wasn't motivated
  • being around people today and last night, instead of isolating myself
  • that I am trying to be proactive in dealing with my mental health
  • that I have added some healthy foods into my diet

that is so good. Because its so easy to list what we don't like. It's a real achievement not to give in to that urge. Well done for posting positive!

I have not Self injured for two days. At least its something to be proud of. There is nothing else I can think of to feel proud about. I am locked in a depressive episode which I feel I cannot set myself free from.

I'm proud that I managed to go through some old paperwork that had been piling up for a few months. I filed the ones that needed it, and shredded the ones that were unimportant. I got a couple of bills paid. I crammed in a walk and made it out to eat lunch and then a meeting. I called the doctor's office and got them to call in a prescription for me.

I took a walk, went to pick up a prescription, took a shower, and looked around in a store; all in spite of feeling down.

I like your posts by because they remind me of when I was first deeply depressed (10 years ago that was). My route to recovery was just like this. Making note of every little achievement I made. In the end, the little things got bigger and I got stronger. Good luck my friend. It's an uphill struggle but one it's worth engaging in.

Today I almost confronted my father about how my brother bullied me as a child. I had the words rotten out, I really wanted to,say it to him. I got as far as picking the phone up but once we started talking I couldn't do it. But this isn't the end of it. My words are there for another day. I feel proud that I got this far at least. I won't take any more crap because of my brother. I am proud to be me.

I took a walk, went to pick up a prescription, took a shower, and looked around in a store; all in spite of feeling down.

I like your posts by because they remind me of when I was first deeply depressed (10 years ago that was). My route to recovery was just like this. Making note of every little achievement I made. In the end, the little things got bigger and I got stronger. Good luck my friend. It's an uphill struggle but one it's worth engaging in.

Tessar,

Thanks. So kind of you. Very encouraging. This is the worst depression I have ever gone through.

Tessar,

Thanks. So kind of you. Very encouraging. This is the worst depression I have ever gone through.

Thanku too! I could just feel the vibes behind your posts. It struck a nerve with me. What I will say is that I'm in my second bout of depression (this time brought on by a bereavement) and knowing how I helped myself before [which as I say is just like u r doing now] has made it easier to keep going this time.

I can see what I am achieving and I recognise daily that I do lots of little things that help. My therapists words to me all those years ago were.... "You are very depressed. You need to be doing at least two things a day to lift your spirits". First off I didn't even know I was so depressed and second.... Doing kind things for myself & helping myself feel better hadn't even occurred to me either. After she pointed it out, it did get easier.

Plucking up the courage to email my father to say that i wont talk about my abusive brother anymore because it makes me uncomfortable. Also mentioning that i was bullied by my brother when i was growing up & this is why i feel like i do about my brother.

I am accomplishing my goals. I might be a few days later than what I had originally planned, but things are getting done! I've made my lists and I'm sticking to them because if I don't I will get stressed and have an anxiety attack. I'm so proud of myself :D Moving for me has to be one of the most stressful things I can do. Usually about this time I'm already strong into my behaviours that I don't want to be doing, but I'm able to stay safe, happy, and with as little stress as possible. AND I'm quitting smoking on top of that! I haven't had a smoke since Friday morning! I had originally decided to cut back from a pack a day to only 5 cigarettes a day which I managed for a few days and just said the heck with it. Some cravings but I'm able to distract.

Sorry for the rambling nature.