What Are You Proud Of Today?

Rainahblue

I did not get upset about the 20$ debit I got at work today or the fact that I had given the wrong routing number and my check was delayed. Normally those things would upset me a lot and send me into an anxiety attack but today I handled it perfectly.

I'm proud of myself for taking a walk in the park today. I am struggling with anxiety and depression today (what's new?), but I went for a walk in spite of it. I also had a brief conversation with someone that walks in the park regularly, and I even smiled.

I am proud of myself for getting to the courthouse to report to jury duty. I managed my anxiety pretty well, and I was prepared to stay there for an entire day if I had to. I'm proud of myself for having courage to speak with the judge and explain my depression. I was excused and will be rescheduled at another time. I'm also proud for having done the dishes, doing a load of laundry, taking a walk, and doing a little bit of cooking. Also for not beating myself up too bad.

I opened up about some issues that I struggle with that hinder me. I opened up in front of strangers even though it was not easy for me to do. I went for my daily walk. I took a shower.

Edited by bh34465

Managed to talk to my counsellor about stuff that makes me feel really awkward & self-conscious, stuff that's been hanging there a long time but I'd not been able to say

Reading posts here , many people do things at work i could never do, i'd be too self-conscious! I commend u people for being so clever and brave!

also, So many of these posts are such simple things.... Simple things make all the difference to getting better. I find that a simple smile with a stranger or even a colleague can make such a difference. Keep up the good work everybody.

I am proud of myself for getting to the courthouse to report to jury duty. I managed my anxiety pretty well, and I was prepared to stay there for an entire day if I had to. I'm proud of myself for having courage to speak with the judge and explain my depression. I was excused and will be rescheduled at another time. I'm also proud for having done the dishes, doing a load of laundry, taking a walk, and doing a little bit of cooking. Also for not beating myself up too bad.
you sound so like me when I was in my first major depression several years ago. Keep at those little things, they are the building blocks of your future, they are what keep you going even tho they may not seem important in the scheme of things right now

not really proud of how I am eating for the past few day but I got up and did the dishes at least.
I keep stuffing my face but at the same time I guess I can at least feel good about the healthy stuff I do eat as well which is about 50% of what I have. It's difficult tho but u can only keep doing your best, that's all any one can do, chucapabra

I said "no" to something that I didn't feel like going to and didn't beat myself up for not going. I did my daily walk even though I thought I had talked myself out of it. I'm proud of myself for going to the grocery store instead of putting it off, and doing it with relatively little anxiety.

not really proud of how I am eating for the past few day but I got up and did the dishes at least.

I keep stuffing my face but at the same time I guess I can at least feel good about the healthy stuff I do eat as well which is about 50% of what I have. It's difficult tho but u can only keep doing your best, that's all any one can do, chucapabra

Thank you :) but I made great effort after this day I ate by respecting my calorie goal and did daily exercise. I did cheat, but I knew what I was going to eat and limited my portion. I hope to keep going and to not be discouraged. My mind feel kind off better I know they will be bad day ahead but I hope to get going strong. Thanks again :D

I cleaned the bathroom, and picked up some things around the house. I walked an extra lap. I also am beginning to eat some healthier foods, some of which is supposed to help with depression.

Edited by bh34465

Thank you :) but I made great effort after this day I ate by respecting my calorie goal and did daily exercise. I did cheat, but I knew what I was going to eat and limited my portion. I hope to keep going and to not be discouraged. My mind feel kind off better I know they will be bad day ahead but I hope to get going strong. Thanks again :D

The pleasure is all mine :-)

not to over think & get too nervous before my brother & his family visited today. I acknowledged my nerves as an indication of what our past together means but then allowed the feelings to subside when he arrived. It's the 1st time he's ever visited my house. He was once one of my abusers but we made our peace. His presence now equals friendship instead of fear.

I could name a bunch of things I am NOT proud of, and I was reminded of many of them today. However, I am proud of:

• taking a walk even though I wasn't motivated
  • being around people today and last night, instead of isolating myself
  • that I am trying to be proactive in dealing with my mental health
  • that I have added some healthy foods into my diet