What Are You Proud Of Today?

Rainahblue

I am proud because I have cleaned the room which were totally trashed through the boys.

I could do some things today: looking for my niece, clean the room of my nephew. And now I have time for online banking. I ´m listening music and push myself. I will do it. I want to make me a good atmosphere for working. I want to believe in me. I want to think at the positive words of my psychotherapist. I have done a quantum jump. I feel the anxiety but I want to do my work step by step.

Edited by Yezrel

I got back on my push bike after about a year away from it. It held some kind of mental barrier and I had failed many times to get up the motivation to get out for a ride.

My legs are a bit sore but I am proud of what i did. Even though I used to ride everyday, I am still happy with myself for one ride.

That when I went to where the Emotions Anonymous group was supposed to be meeting, and finding nobody there, I called the contact number. Turned out, the group leader was ill, so there was no meeting. So, I'm proud I checked it out, as it might be helpful for me for both support and social purposes. I'm also proud that I didn't procrastinate going to get a prescription filled that I had run out of. I'm proud of myself for going to a fast food place for lunch, as it exposes me to people. I'm proud I went for a walk again. Aaaaannnndddd.....I took a shower today.

I'm proud of a realization I had last night. One of the tenets of Cognitive Behavior Therapy is that depression is linked to distorted, illogical thinking; dysfunctional thinking: over-generalization, labeling, fortune telling, mind reading and so it. But last night it dawned on me that sociologically speaking this implies that the whole world is addicted to distorted, illogical thinking and that depressed people are sort of the prophets who show where this thinking really leads. It is as though the illness is kind of a sign of sanity in an insane world.

Last night I remembered reading a book by a psychiatrist who said that he would come in contact with dysfunctional families only when they brought one of their children to him to be "fixed," like one might take an automobile to be fixed. He said the family was upset because the child didn't fit into the madness of the family. They would bring the child in to him and say: "when will the therapy be over" like one might say to a mechanic, "when can I pick up my car." This psychiatrist felt as though the child was the sanest one for getting sick in an unhealthy family situation and that he should really be treating the family and not the child. Does anyone know the name of the psychiatrist who said this? I can't for the life of me remember his name now.

I'm proud of myself today for overcoming some of my social anxiety/agoraphobia by going out and getting some things done that desperately needed to be done. And I got really nervous, but i am back now at home and about to go to work, feeling much stronger

Well done, phalseuphoria! :)

Way to go, everyone! This is a very uplifting thread indeed.

I am proud of the fact I've spent the whole first week of 2013 without touching a drop of alcohol. I'm also proud of that although I felt a bit down today, I didn't dwell on it too intensely but managed to comfort a good friend who lost her job today.

Getting up at 5.30am and getting my kids to school despite an anxiety attack. I don't do early, early mornings, 5.30 was just a little too early. Normal days are 6.30. Lol I am so not a morning person.