What Are You Proud Of Today?

Rainahblue

I'm trying (really hard) to be more positive Putting myself down comes so easily that it's often hard to give myself credit for anything. Hence, this thread. Normally, I only point out what I didn't accomplish, didn't finish, didn't remember... but I'm determined to cut down on that habit. It's really hard to stop though...

Today I'm proud of the fact that I did a few chores and finished a craft with my daughter. :smilingteeth: Yay me!

What's something you're proud of for today?

I have a LOT of days like that, TrappedWithOCD. A Lot. But you know what you can be proud of? You got on the forums and posted something. Even that can be hard on the bad days.

Today I'm proud that I cleaned my kitchen. It took FOUR HOURS - that should say how filthy it was. I had to stop and cry a few times because I was so ashamed at how bad it was and so overwhelmed by the mess. But it's done. :nod:

I supported my friend today, who had to attend the UKs controversial new medical interview scheme to determine if he is entitled to his benefits. It's a very stressfull and anxious time, as i had to go to one of these myself. But i made sure he was heard & that they got all the facts they needed. Hopefully they wont penilise him in any way.

Anyway that is my good deed for the day.

Snappy

I released all my little beetles except for the one with two broken legs. They were unhappy living in a glass cage. The present world is not really set up for pet beetles except maybe the carnivorous giant beetles they sell in pet stores. There are traces of pesticides on almost every kind of food even those that are organic and pesticide free. I was afraid that by helping the beetles through the winter I could be hurting them with pesticide laden food stuffs and produce. And I learned that beetles have the ability to turn glucose into a type of antifreeze in their bodies to help them survive the winter in a hibernated state. I have one beetle who was injured by me I think. The poor litttle fella is missing two legs. I have made his abode disabled-beetle friendly with ramps and gentle inclines. I will miss the other beetles, but I know they are now in their natural state. I read that beetles are what keeps the whole earth from being full of poo. This explains their unique dining habits. My attempt to keep them well fed with hand-selected detrius, mold, fungai and decay was a failure. Now they can be free to choose their own foods to meet their dietary needs and culinary palettes. LOL.

Edited by Epictetus

I am proud that I fought the desire to stay in bed all day. That I was able to apply some of the self help techniques I am learning. And I am proud that I didn't beat myself up all day in my mind about how much I suck..I tried to be a bit kinder to myself.

That for two days in a row my husbands first words to me were "Honey you are up early again today." Meaning I didn't sleep until noon like I normally do on the weekends. During the work week I drag myself out marginally close enough to shower and get ready. I have been on my meds a little over a week and for the first weekend in 2012 I was out of bed on my own will before 9am. That is huge people! And he noticed!

*claps for everyone* its good to recognize what we can be proud of!

Today, when I woke up and it was much later than I wanted it to be, instead of considering it too much a waste to bother, I got up and dressed and went to do my errands before it got any later.

I left the house, even though I could've stayed in all day.

My youngest daughter got chosen for the school's 'fashion show'. She is the swimming costume girl. Its not a real fashion show, its just a few kids that have to wear the various school uniforms on stage for next years new parents to see what school clothes they have to buy.

We did lots of cooking for thanksgiving.I was very happy that my niece came over to keep up the tradition we have of making the stuffing together.Also my baby niece wanted me to hold her.It made me happy.:-)

Edited by Lady Mozzer