Maladaptive Daydreaming Getting Out Of Hand

This is annoying!Last night as so many nights i went to sleep at about ...12 and a half midnight !Really not good when you have to wake up at 6 am sharp.

For over 4 years i have not been once or twice to sleep withouth first spending half an hour imagining all sorts of stories and characters and stuff,it's not that i mind it i just mind it when i am about to go to sleep.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this?I mean triggers and such is pointless,what i need is an inventive trick to just stop me.Maybe something on my floor that would get in my way?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll share what works for me.

I focus on my breathing by thinking 'inhale' as I inhale, and 'exhale' as I exhale... and repeat... until I am asleep. It seems to work consistently and very quickly for me but may take a little effort at first. (Perhaps it works because it's so ***boring*** :-)

Another option is to imagine your favorite place/image/person/etc: the sights, sounds, and sensations. For me, a beach, warm white sand, the warmth of the sun, the sound of the waves...