What Was The Last Movie(S) You Saw, And What Did You Think Of It? #2

Trace

Via La Rose - Story of the life of Edith Pilaf.  Oh my goodness, amazing acting!!  Very good and interesting movie.  Subtitles, but you don't even notice.

Gentle Sun, La Vie en Rose is indeed a beautiful film!

I just binge watched BBC's Afterlife miniseries about a skeptical psychology professor researching a psychic medium for a book he's writing. I thought it was quite well done.

"Failsafe." Pretty good movie but scary since something akin to that is within the realm of possibility I think.  A bit terrifying to think the world superpowers could eliminate all or much human life [and other life forms and beings] off the face of the earth. 

Amen. Not religious, but a priest and a Nazi are trying to stop the Holocaust. Apparently it was based on real events. I found the Nazi officer really interesting. Made me want to research him, but I never have found the time.

I also watched part of A Knight's Tale more recently. Not really impressed.

Cop Car. It's a movie with Kevin Bacon who plays a crooked cop who tries to get his car back from two kids who stole it and took it on a joy ride. It sounds like it would be a cheesy movie or a comedy and its neither, it's a pretty good thriller. The acting is surprisingly good from everyone including the kids, The story keeps you interested from start to finish.

Are TV Shows allowed? well sorry.. too late...
Last I watched were episodes of:
  South Park, The Big Bang Theory, and The Flash.
I intend to catch up on Limitless sometime here too.

To name some movies I've enjoyed within these past few/several months:
  Tomorrowland, Uncanny, Citizenfour, Terminator Genisys, Mission Impossible 5, Good Kil l, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Dracula (1992)
Yea all those movies are worth watching if you haven't seen

Edited by Circle

I just watched the feature-length doc of NOFX's Backstage Passport 2. Not quite a movie, but it's a far cry from their last TV series on Fuse.

I didn't realise that Fat Mike did drugs as often as he does, and honestly, that disappointed me a fair bit. We're talking hard stuff. I lost a little bit of respect for him; for some bizarre reason I look up to the guy. Obviously he's allowed to do whatever he wants but when things were going terribly for him back at home he'd hit rock bottom and has never stopped entirely. Right now he just takes heavy stuff on tour, sort of for the sake of taking it. I still have plenty of love for the guy and for what he's done for music, but I felt pretty let down knowing he'd gladly snort something off of a toilet seat in some sketchy airport that some random kid just handed to him just because he could.

I understand that for many people it's a way of escaping hardship and that it's a difficult road to leave once you're on it, but he's not an addict as he detoxes after each tour. It just feels like that he uses the tours as an excuse to get wrecked instead of play shows, although he wouldn't be in this business doing what he does unless he enjoyed it.

Punk's played a large part in my recovery from anxiety and depression. Unfortunately Mike's attitude and actions left me feeling disappointed. For some reason it's the one thing out of the whole documentary that sticks out in my mind; there were riot cops and water cannons and people rushing the gates to get into shows without tickets, but that's all I could think about afterward.

Eh. I'm bummed out over nothing, really, since it's his life and all. He's happy, I'm (relatively) happy, and their tours ended up being awesome despite problem after problem cropping up.

Off to see Star Wars on Sunday.

Edited by Lady Slothbottom