What Was The Last Movie(S) You Saw, And What Did You Think Of It? #2

Trace

The Road to Eldorado. So, so bad. Extremely lazy writing, just a pair of quirky line-spouting guys happening upon a series of coincidences and an obligatory romantic interest of course whose main trait is sarcasm. Oh and don't get me started on the music... Seriously, Elton John and Tim Rice? What was that, do you have evil doppelgangers that lack musical talent or are just evil? It just sound so good on page: Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Kline, Elton John and Tim Rice... But that's Dreamworks for you, it's just not Disney although they try so hard.

The funniest thing is that I liked this movie as a kid although it doesn't seem at all like a kidfilm what with Tulio getting it on with that native girl. And I just think it's weird that Miguel, who was not fussy and had more joie de vivre, didn't get the girl. Miguel just seemed more like the womanizing type because, hey, mandolin. Chicks dig musicians, especially happy musicians.

I feel like I only come here when I really hate a movie but... That's probably because that's exactly how it is.

The Road to Eldorado. So, so bad. Extremely lazy writing, just a pair of quirky line-spouting guys happening upon a series of coincidences and an obligatory romantic interest of course whose main trait is sarcasm. Oh and don't get me started on the music... Seriously, Elton John and Tim Rice? What was that, do you have evil doppelgangers that lack musical talent or are just evil? It just sound so good on page: Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Kline, Elton John and Tim Rice... But that's Dreamworks for you, it's just not Disney although they try so hard.

The funniest thing is that I liked this movie as a kid although it doesn't seem at all like a kidfilm what with Tulio getting it on with that native girl. And I just think it's weird that Miguel, who was not fussy and had more joie de vivre, didn't get the girl. Miguel just seemed more like the womanizing type because, hey, mandolin. Chicks dig musicians, especially happy musicians.

I feel like I only come here when I really hate a movie but... That's probably because that's exactly how it is.

Lol great review. Wow Branagh, Kline, EJ & Rice & it was still rubbish. Maybe it was just Seth MacFarlane mimicking them (altho he's super-talented, so that doesn't make sense either). Where's Pixar when you need them? :-)

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. :smilingteeth: Probably the 5th time I have seen it.

Great movie! Bette Davis is wonderfully evil :)

Watched The Godfather last night (will never get tired of that one)

Earlier today, it was Skyfall. Not a bad Bond flick, and Judi Dench is divine, but the ending seemed to drag a little, and was a bit 'eh'.

D&D 3 , I am unable to remember the actual title but d&d 3 will do.

Was a bit apprehensive about watching this as the previous two attempt at a d&d universe film

failed badly, well the second one was ok but the first one, you felt sorry for Mr Iron's.

It was suprisingly good, nice that they had an evil party with the token hero forced to do evil

things to keep his cover. A pity they ending felt really rushed and unsatisfying as they

had obvious spent the paltry budget, but I liked the way it reminded me of playing a game of d&d

with them going to the shop and buying equipment and the fact I could recognise some of the monsters and spells :happy: ,

and the guy playing the vermin lord really did a good job and stole the show :laugh:

perhaps if they do something similar with a bigger budget it would be even better.

Yesterday I watched...

The Lion in Winter ~ LOVED it!!! :Coopclapping:

“(It) is a 1968 historical drama film made by Avco Embassy Pictures, based on the Broadway play by James Goldman. It was directed by Anthony Harvey and produced by Joseph E. Levine and Martin Poll from Goldman's adaptation of his own play, The Lion in Winter. The film stars Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, John Castle, Anthony Hopkins as Richard the Lionheart (in his film debut), Jane Merrow, and, in early appearances, Timothy Dalton and Nigel Terry.

The film was a commercial success (the 12th highest grossing film of 1968) and won three Academy Awards, including one for Hepburn as Best Actress.” Wikipedia

It is Oscar/Academy Awards month on TMC and it is showing lots of good movies! Yea! I love classic movies, especially the greats.

Edited by ZenDarling

Today I watched Camille (1936)
“(It) is an American romantic drama film directed by George Cukor and produced by Irving Thalberg and Bernard H. Hyman, from a screenplay by James Hilton, Zoë Akins and Frances Marion.[3] The picture is based on the 1848 novel and 1852 play La Dame aux Camélias by Alexandre Dumas, fils. The film stars Greta Garbo, Robert Taylor, Lionel Barrymore, Elizabeth Allan, Jessie Ralph, Henry Daniell, and Laura Hope Crews. It grossed $2,842,000.[1]

The film inspired Milton Benjamin to write and publish a song called "I'll Love Like Robert Taylor, Be My Greta Garbo". Camille was included in Time Magazine's All-Time 100 Movies in 2005.[4] It was also included at #33 in AFI's 100 Years...100 Passions....

Won - New York Film Critics Circle Awards: NYFCC Award; Best Actress, Greta Garbo; 1937.

Nomination - Academy Awards: Oscar; Best Actress in a Leading Role, Greta Garbo; 1938.” Wikipedia

I enjoyed it, but it did not knock my socks off.

Edited by ZenDarling

Little Women (1936) – I know that it is a great movie, but it just does not grab me. I have, however, seen it several times and I get something new from it each time. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention the previous viewings? :unsure:

I apologize for all my movie postings, I just can't help it! t1834.gif I love great classics and this is the month for them. I promise, I won't always be this prolific. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Edited by ZenDarling

Valkyrie. Movie about the historical plot of overthrow the Hitler government. The character of Olbricht is portrayed as somewhat cowardly while historically Olbricht was the actual man behind Operation Valkyrie. I guess this was done to make the part portrayed by Tom Cruise more important. Too bad films can get history so wrong for entertainment purposes.