Sign in to follow this  
Trace

What Really Bugs You #6

If we're talking about narcissists, yes they suffer immensely. A narc. feeds off the attention they can gain from everyone else. They exhibit a huge ego, when in fact, their ego suffers greatly --- when a narc doesn't get what they want from someone, they discard them easily and without conscience. The best way to deal with a narc is to completely ignore them. They hate being ignored because they need so much attn. lol. I've had a lot of experience with these types... lol. They're intolerable!

Yeah.... they're difficult to be friends with. I had to sever a friendship with a narcissist last summer... when I gave her feedback on her self-absorbed behavior, she exploded on me with full blown rage and lots of mean and false accusations. They do not take feedback well. So I wrote back and stood up for myself, reiterating my points and feedback about how she is self absorbed and didn't seem to care about what's going on for me, and she ignored me because she couldn't handle it. So now we just don't talk.

But yea, it is a cycle... they will always come to those they can squeeze and manipulate attn from, and if they think they can get any from you, they will come back. Ignore them, and they pursue you until you give them attention again. But try to give them constructive criticism, even if in the most diplomatic and softest way possible, they won't take it. And then they discard you.

Edited by havehope

1) my upstairs neighbours good grief it's 317am and their slamming doors shut and sounds like decided now is a good time to reorganize their closet or something.

2) when im having a good day in fact a great day, which as you know with mental health stuff can be near impossible, I contact my brother to see if I can pop by and visit them and he just completely unleashes a verbal tirade of abuse at me for no reason whatsoever. Saying terrible things and it's obvious to me he is just extremely grouchy and he has such a hair trigger temper I don't even know what set him off but holy, he just was yelling and shouting insults and awful things at me and I finally just said omg I see your the crabbiest person alive right now talk to U later I've had a great day and now you're just trying to wreck it for no reason. And he calls me back a few more times just hollering and then sends me about a. Hundred very rude and abusive texts msgs. I had to BLOCK him on my phone !!! Geez and apparently it's ME who's the crazy one.

What a buzzkil!

Christmas carols.

It's the 21st century. Can't they pimp these god-awful songs into something befitting the modern age? I dunno...I'm sure Courtney Love or Billy Corgan or even the ghost of Johnny Rotten could lend them some serious improvement.

Those poor souls that work in retail and have to listen to this crap all day have my undying empathy

When someone from the forum tells you that you post too much, and that it's bothersome to them. It's a depression forum, where people seek help,

Edited by havehope

The UPs driver im working with he has real anger issues I noticed he talks crap behind everyone back criticizes people alot is pretty bossy judgmental,I think he is a real P**k,has a girlfriend he is engaed to but flirts with this girl we pick up inventory that must be 18 years old or younger.I think he is a P**k.

when people text you not because they want to catch up but because they need something or information

And when they don't actually want to talk to you, but AT you, they just unload a lot of stuff about themself, doesn't let you talk and then hangs up..

Ah yes. I'm familiar with this behaviour myself. The 'conversation deficit' I like to call it. Extraverts are the usual suspects and repeat offenders. 

When someone from the forum tells you that you post too much, and that it's bothersome to them. It's a depression forum, where people seek help,

For the record I very much enjoy your posts havehope!

Sounds like someone was triggered by something and took it out on you - sorry to hear that. Ignore the haters and keep using df as it serves you and most people on here - the peer to peer support is essential for all of us ;)

My mom, I love her but holy lord she's just so INTENSE. She shouts everything she says, rapid fires questions without waiting for responses or listening, interrupts anytime I say anytbing, and has no boundaries whatsoever. She looks around my home and points out everything that's wrong and even starts to open drawers and cupboards to check out the state of things ! Who does that?!

And she wants to know everything, what did I do yesterday, what did I eat and when, where did I go and with who, and when, and why, and how much money do I have in my bank account, how much is my paycheque after deductions and taxes, and did I lose or gain any weight over tre holidays and if so how much, how much do I weigh, and on and on it goes.