What Really Bugs You #6

Trace

The amount of negative responses I've gotten so far when I told people I started volunteering with refugees! I can understand people's reasons for not wanting to take more then our capacity but every person in need deserves help..

Edited by Cupcake_girl

The amount of negative responses I've gotten so far when I told people I started volunteering with refugees! I can understand people's reasons for not wanting to take more then our capacity but every person in need deserves help..

Good on ya Cupcake girl!!!

Hearing both sides of a cell conversation that's going on outside in a car,  while I'm inside.  

But thankful I have an inside. 

Oh.. and trucks that drive by and set off car alarms that in turn set off dogs barking.

Busses that pass right by. 

And on an unselfish level, a scene of a little girl and her mom waiting to get into a safe country.  She looked absolutely glazed and disconnected.  Her mom turned and smiled at her, and nothing.  She just stared.  I wish someone would have at least put an arm around her.   Watching this human suffering, especially the kids…  

The journalist tripping the dad…

(sorry…)  

Edited by TopekaK

Good on ya Cupcake girl!!!

Good girl  

Telephone support reps who are on a completely different continent from you who answer the phone, "Hevvo, miyee naime es John Smith, how vay I help u tooodayeeee?" 

I just can't control myself.  I have to say back, "Awww come on now, your name is John Smith?  Really? Nooooo. You're not serious.  There is no way your name is John Smith."

Knowing all along they're freaking out reading their bubble flow chart of questions with answers and this is not part of their script.  

I'm in technology.  I work with foreigners all the time, one of which is a very good friend of mine....and his name is RAMESH.  I won't print his last name but it is pronounced very much like "ThrowedUpInYourEye". 

John Smith my ass.  

Telephone support reps who are on a completely different continent from you who answer the phone, "Hevvo, miyee naime es John Smith, how vay I help u tooodayeeee?" 

I just can't control myself.  I have to say back, "Awww come on now, your name is John Smith?  Really? Nooooo. You're not serious.  There is no way your name is John Smith."

Knowing all along they're freaking out reading their bubble flow chart of questions with answers and this is not part of their script.  

I'm in technology.  I work with foreigners all the time, one of which is a very good friend of mine....and his name is RAMESH.  I won't print his last name but it is pronounced very much like "ThrowedUpInYourEye". 

John Smith my ass.

LOL

Self-admitted psychopaths who scoff at empathy and talk down about the vulnerable. And that they walk freely.

They generally get ahead in this world, too. They have no conscience so they'll step on all kinds of people on their way up.

I don't have a youtube channel or facebook friends because I think it would shatter my already fragile faith in the human race.

Saw a newspost on Facebook yesterday about a crane that fell on a mosque in Saudi Arabia and killed over 100 people. The only comment showing sympathy was one that said "Let's leave politics out of it please, okay?", the rest were people having a laugh or saying they deserved it or that God did this in revenge for 9/11. Welp.

lets see if we can improve it by banging your head against a wall until you gain some empathy. But violence doesn't lead to long term behavioural changes unfortunately.

Nor should it, that wouldn't end well.

Edited by SenorDomino

The use of 'myself' inappropriately in sentences. I had a taxi driver say "are you talking to myself?" the other day & wanted to bang my head against something. If a sentence works with 'me' then 'me' is the right word.

Err sorry, I'm a massive hypocrite. I massacre English all the time. But that one bugs me (not myself lol).