What Really Bugs You #6

Trace

Soul, I am the person who says " sorry ", when there is a congestion. I try to remind myself to stop saying sorry to people who are oblivious and rude. In fact, I have been known to gently push someone who sees that I need to get by, yet won't budge. I feel an extra bit of happiness when it's a large man. :smilingteeth:

Yes, I always say, with a smile, either, 'pardon me,, or excuse me' when trying to get by those rude people. I also do that too.. Apologizing constantly (sorry).. like it's my fault I realize that I have to stop saying that so much as well. I bumped into an empty chair one day, and said out loud, "oh sorry.." :upside:

Haha I love the chair incident Soul :-). Yeah I'm the same - I'm always saying 'I'm sorry' (...that you're selfish & have no consideration for the people trying to pass you). Maybe we should start practicing saying 'coming through, not sorry, not sorry' each time it happens.

My husband is great in those situations, he takes the person by the shoulders and repositions them (seriously). My jaw was on the floor the first time I saw him do it (I think it was on our second date). He shifted someone in a lift to the side, who was standing in the road of people trying to get in/out. He does it on escalators too, just shifts people to the side. The people he does it to usually just look stunned (& don't say anything). I think he's on the autism spectrum (think - v high functioning Sheldon) haha. Err, he tried it on me once & he's learned to never, ever think about doing that...ever again lol.

ha-ha you are talking about Sheldon Cooper? sometimes the only highlight of my day is to watch the Big Bang Theory - anyway,, yes, 'coming through, please re-position yourself' that would be a good one! :smilingteeth:

Yep Sheldon Cooper :-). There are some hints of him in my man. He's innocently oblivious to the social codes he's breaking when he 'corrects' people on their selfish behaviour. He also gets confused when other people can't keep up with him intellectually. He's a bit too smart for his own good (e.g. he has an eidetic memory), but it's about failing to understand that not everyone thinks like him, rather than being an ass. His bluntness can make me cringe in public, but he's really a sweetheart (he feels terrible when I point out that something he might have said/done probably wasn't all that well 'thought through'). I love him to bits :-)

Re the repositioning - its a bit embarrassing when he does it but I kinda wish I had the guts to do it myself, just physically move people standing in other people's way lol. Oh to be very mildly autistic :-).

I love The Big Bang Theory also, it's one of those shows I can rewatch over & over again & never get sick of.

me too…. I watch the re-runs from 7pm-8pm mon-fri and then at its regular time .. i believe the new one is this week!

Soul, I am the person who says " sorry ", when there is a congestion. I try to remind myself to stop saying sorry to people who are oblivious and rude. In fact, I have been known to gently push someone who sees that I need to get by, yet won't budge. I feel an extra bit of happiness when it's a large man. :smilingteeth:

Yes, I always say, with a smile, either, 'pardon me,, or excuse me' when trying to get by those rude people. I also do that too.. Apologizing constantly (sorry).. like it's my fault I realize that I have to stop saying that so much as well. I bumped into an empty chair one day, and said out loud, "oh sorry.." :upside:

Haha I love the chair incident Soul :-). Yeah I'm the same - I'm always saying 'I'm sorry' (...that you're selfish & have no consideration for the people trying to pass you). Maybe we should start practicing saying 'coming through, not sorry, not sorry' each time it happens.

My husband is great in those situations, he takes the person by the shoulders and repositions them (seriously). My jaw was on the floor the first time I saw him do it (I think it was on our second date). He shifted someone in a lift to the side, who was standing in the road of people trying to get in/out. He does it on escalators too, just shifts people to the side. The people he does it to usually just look stunned (& don't say anything). I think he's on the autism spectrum (think - v high functioning Sheldon) haha. Err, he tried it on me once & he's learned to never, ever think about doing that...ever again lol.

ha-ha you are talking about Sheldon Cooper? sometimes the only highlight of my day is to watch the Big Bang Theory - anyway,, yes, 'coming through, please re-position yourself' that would be a good one! :smilingteeth:

Yep Sheldon Cooper :-). There are some hints of him in my man. He's innocently oblivious to the social codes he's breaking when he 'corrects' people on their selfish behaviour. He also gets confused when other people can't keep up with him intellectually. He's a bit too smart for his own good (e.g. he has an eidetic memory), but it's about failing to understand that not everyone thinks like him, rather than being an ass. His bluntness can make me cringe in public, but he's really a sweetheart (he feels terrible when I point out that something he might have said/done probably wasn't all that well 'thought through'). I love him to bits :-)

Re the repositioning - its a bit embarrassing when he does it but I kinda wish I had the guts to do it myself, just physically move people standing in other people's way lol. Oh to be very mildly autistic :-).

I love The Big Bang Theory also, it's one of those shows I can rewatch over & over again & never get sick of.

me too…. I watch the re-runs from 7pm-8pm mon-fri and then at its regular time .. i believe the new one is this week!

last night they showed the one when Sheldon was learning to drive! that episode becomes more hilarious every time I watch it …and the one when he goes on a date with leonard and he has to find the right "spot" to sit at the movies,,,, :roll2::roll2:

As much as I love my mom It bugs me that she becomes angry easily n raises her voice to make a point.

And it bugs me that I let her get to me (I am came home 9 years ago to be her care taker and little did I realise it can become stressful at times.)

I try my darnest to ignore her as she is suffering with an illness and I blame the illness on her negativity

As much as I love my mom It bugs me that she becomes angry easily n raises her voice to make a point.

And it bugs me that I let her get to me (I am came home 9 years ago to be her care taker and little did I realise it can become stressful at times.)

I try my darnest to ignore her as she is suffering with an illness and I blame the illness on her negativity

Being a caretaker can be most stressful. You are very courageous and have a beautiful soul for taking on this task. :hugs: yes, and it is the illness..

Being a caretaker can be most stressful. You are very courageous and have a beautiful soul for taking on this task. :hugs: yes, and it is the illness..

((((((shio)))))). Agree 100% with Soul. That's amazing of you. I'm so sorry about your Mum. I'd imagine that it's hard enough on you (i.e. physically & mentally draining) being a carer without the anger issues.

I think also, the older people get, the grumpier they seem to get. Although if that's true - given my age (40y.o.) & how grumpy I already am - it's a little scary to think how bad I might be in another 40 or so years, yike lol. I just might end up totally hijacking this thread :-)

Thank you Soul I truly appreciate your thoughtful words and encouragement :flowers:

((((((shio)))))). Agree 100% with Soul. That's amazing of you. I'm so sorry about your Mum. I'd imagine that it's hard enough on you (i.e. physically & mentally draining) being a carer without the anger issues.

I think also, the older people get, the grumpier they seem to get. Although if that's true - given my age (40y.o.) & how grumpy I already am - it's a little scary to think how bad I might be in another 40 or so years, yike lol. I just might end up totally hijacking this thread :-)

Thank you Els1e it does drain tons of energy from me but when i think about her bringing me into this world and the hardships she had to overcome to raise me.... well i strongly believe that looking after my mom is my way of loving her back and saying thank you for doing the same for me, if that makes sense.

Ah yes i do get grumpy too ---- so keep me in the know when you might hijack the thread so i can be your partner in crime lol :shocked::upside::mad1::smilingteeth:

Thank you Els1e it does drain tons of energy from me but when i think about her bringing me into this world and the hardships she had to overcome to raise me.... well i strongly believe that looking after my mom is my way of loving her back and saying thank you for doing the same for me, if that makes sense.

Ah yes i do get grumpy too ---- so keep me in the know when you might hijack the thread so i can be your partner in crime lol :shocked::upside::mad1::smilingteeth:

Lol definitely (re partners in crime), sounds brilliant haha.

Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to being a grumpy old lady. Old people tend to get a free pass when it comes to their failure in the anger management department. It's largely expected. So you can go around barking at people (say who are being selfish/doing stupid things) with impunity lol.

Re your Mum - yep I understand. There aren't many people who are that selfless though I think. You're a good person. Actually, have you seen the TV series 'Derek', with Ricky Gervais? It's about carers in an old people's home. When you look at the promo for it, it looks like a mind numbingly dumb show, but it's one of the most beautifully written, intelligent & captivating series I've ever seen. It's about a selfless nurse who actually gives a damn about the old people she cares for. If you ever get a chance to see it, I'd highly recommend it. It gives us (non-carers) an incredible appreciation for carers and the incredible work they do. It's humorous, but it'll also have you sobbing (in a good way) almost every episode (there are 6 episodes).

Oh man, I just googled it & there's a second season I didn't know about. Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy *Elsie jumping up & down, flapping her hands & cheering*. Sorry - I have a serious love for that show :-). I'll be binging on it on iTunes tomorrow.

Edited by Els1e

Thank you that is very kind of you and in fact you've made my day! N thank you for the hug! Back at ya :hugs:

Lol definitely (re partners in crime), sounds brilliant haha.

Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to being a grumpy old lady. Old people tend to get a free pass when it comes to their failure in the anger management department. It's largely expected. So you can go around barking at people (say who are being selfish/doing stupid things) with impunity lol.

Re your Mum - yep I understand. There aren't many people who are that selfless though I think. You're a good person. Actually, have you seen the TV series 'Derek', with Ricky Gervais? It's about carers in an old people's home. When you look at the promo for it, it looks like a mind numbingly dumb show, but it's one of the most beautifully written, intelligent & captivating series I've ever seen. It's about a selfless nurse who actually gives a damn about the old people she cares for. If you ever get a chance to see it, I'd highly recommend it. It gives us (non-carers) an incredible appreciation for carers and the incredible work they do. It's humorous, but it'll also have you sobbing (in a good way) almost every episode (there are 6 episodes).

Oh man, I just googled it & there's a second season I didn't know about. Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy *Elsie jumping up & down, flapping her hands & cheering*. Sorry - I have a serious love for that show :-). I'll be binging on it on iTunes tomorrow.

Hi Els1e thank you :flowers:

All too often we forget the good things we do for others and become incredibly hard on ourselves becoming our own worst critic.

With that said, No I've never seen "Derek" i should google and have a see. lol I;m having visions of a harry potter movie with your hands a flapping!

working with egotistical self centered people - why are so many like this? people with these personality traits should not work in a non profit social service agency.. they would be better off in insurance or car sales

I hear ya Soul

I recently quit a job that was a social structure that helps people regarding the flood, last year's flood, the director and operation manager had huge egos and shouted/barked orders. I didn't like they way staff coward and jump to attention.

Grrrr ok i'd best stop there as it really got to me --- not right to treat staff like crap --- they had no social skills what so ever

That I'm struggling with not falling .... i really hate the start of this gut achy feeling.

It's nice out and i have a new potential friend ---- then my worst fears .... the demon in the closet decides to come out to play today.

I really really hate this feeling

My eternal struggle with sleep. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE THAT LAY DOWN AND FALL ASLEEP INSTANTLY. how do they do it. And what planet are they from, and how can I steal their gift,

As much as i hate taking the med ,but the only way i can get a decent 4-5 hours sleep, is with seroquel

My eternal struggle with sleep. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE THAT LAY DOWN AND FALL ASLEEP INSTANTLY. how do they do it. And what planet are they from, and how can I steal their gift,

Yeah tell me about it. My husband just has to look at a pillow & he's asleep. He could seriously fall asleep next to a blaring car alarm. He's asleep within seconds after going to bed & if he's woken up (say by me or the cats) during the night, he closes his eyes & he's immediately back to sleep again.

I have zero idea how he does it. He won't let me in on the secret - I've had chronic insomnia now for about a decade & a half :-(

Edited by Els1e