What Are You Looking Forward To? #2

Trace

I was looking forward to my friend coming to visit me.

She is from Russia.

I told a distant friend of mine that she was visiting

and he said to bring her over so he and his wife could

meet her. So I thought I would mention it to a couple

of others I know. I asked the guy I grew up next to.

They were good neighbors and friends.

When I asked if they would like to meet her.....he said "no".

Then went on and on about how busy he was going to be

for the next two weeks.....bullshiit! And just the week

beforehe said he would always be there for his friends!

Well for the support! Not! And after giving his speech

about how busy he is......and didn't want to meet my

friend......he had the nerve to ask how soon he could

come out and pick my apples! Omg! What a callous turd!

I called another acquaintance who gave the same

response! I am in total disbelief! Who I thought were

friends of mine.....were no friends at all!

I am deeply, deeply hurt.

Edited by TeddydaBear62

I'm looking forward to November. Cold weather is my favourite, and I'm guessing that new job slots will open by that time.

A lot of people get employed for 2 months when the school starts (the law allows two-month contracts without checking credentials or anything) and then when employers are forced to make a public contest for the job slot, it turns out that they employed people who don't even have a college degree.

So hopefully there will be a load of people who don't meet the job requirements and I will finally be able to get into the system.

Also, I'm looking forward to buying a car.

Part 5 of The Roosevelts - A Ken Burns Documentary on PBS.

I couldnt sleep the other night so I got up (like 2:30 am) and The Roosevelts was on. It was real good. Wow, lots of things you never heard about in history. Had to tear myself away eventually to get back to bed.

Part 5 of The Roosevelts - A Ken Burns Documentary on PBS.

I couldnt sleep the other night so I got up (like 2:30 am) and The Roosevelts was on. It was real good. Wow, lots of things you never heard about in history. Had to tear myself away eventually to get back to bed.

I've been watching this excellent documentary since Monday night. Part 6 is on at 8pm, can't wait. Ken Burns makes such good documentaries, I've seen all of them. I've learned a lot too......our country really was in a bad place during the Great Depression, so much poverty and suffering. I now have the opinion that having government is better than not having any at all.

Edited by flasquish

For the rest of this year to be over.....very hard to plan for my future with my guy away from me.

I'm so sorry… I know this all too well…it's more than hard being away from the one you love… it just has to get better though…doesn't it? we can only hope…

Edited by SoulSurvivor

For the rest of this year to be over.....very hard to plan for my future with my guy away from me.

I'm so sorry… I know this all too well…it's more than hard being away from the one you love… it just has to get better though…doesn't it? we can only hope…

Thanks SoulSurvivor. :flowers: I know in my heart everything will work out fine. I just want this nightmare to come to a conclusion much faster. It's just another reason I don't want to leave the safety of our country.

Thanks SoulSurvivor. :flowers: I know in my heart everything will work out fine. I just want this nightmare to come to a conclusion much faster. It's just another reason I don't want to leave the safety of our country.

I think those same thought! sometimes I thin it may be nice to live in say, Canada- but I am so use to my constitution rights

I think those same thought! sometimes I thin it may be nice to live in say, Canada- but I am so use to my constitution rights

I'll take our country anytime, even with all of the problems we have.

I'll take our country anytime, even with all of the problems we have.

me too!