Sign in to follow this  
sober4life

I Don't Understand This.

My mom will be very nervous to the point where she says she feels like she's going to explode. Then she'll get real tired and go to sleep. It goes from one extreme straight to the other extreme. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't understand the sleeping part but when you say that she goes from one extreme to another, it sounds kind've like she's bipolar. My mother is also like that and she sleeps a lot but that has more to do with the medication she's on. Sleeping could also be her way of coping with stress or depression. My mom gets depressed easily and I'm almost sure I inherited that from her.

Might be more a cause and effect?? As a result of my anxiety and nervous energy, I get really tired sometimes and can fall asleep easily. You don't have to be bouncing off the walls or running a marathon to feel like you can sleep for days. My mind is constantly running on its own and it is exhausting.

Sleeping could also be her way of coping with stress or depression.

Yes that makes perfect sense. She used to fall asleep like that sometimes but since she started her nutrisystem diet she's been sleeping more to cope with stress I guess. When the good food that her mind turned to for stress relief was gone her mind turned to sleep more to deal with stress. She was thinking there was something serious wrong with her but what's going on is probably nothing to worry about at all.

Yeah she does have a food addiction but she's been on her diet for over 2 months. She does cheat once in a while but she mostly sticks to the diet. I would think withdrawals would be long gone by now.