What Word Do You Think Sounds Funny Regardless Of Its Meaning?

Epictetus

• 2 weeks later...

akimbo (meaning: human body position, with the hands on the hips and elbows bent outward)*

*reminds me of the name of a boy from this Chinese children's story - 'Nikki Nikki Tembo No-So Rembo Oo-Ma Moochi Gamma Gamma Goochi' (otherwise known as 'Long-Name-No-Can-Say'), although I always misremembered it as 'Nikki Nikki Timbo No-So Rimbo..."

Any word I repeat long enough starts to sound unrelated to what it is.

Sock, sock, sock, sock. Sok. Sahk. Soc. soque. It just sounds like a weird thing now that I think about it.

I do that with "toy."

toy toy toy toy toy toy toy....

Apropos (means 'of an appropriate or pertinent nature'. Used most often in the phrase 'apropos of nothing'. I've discovered that it's a hard word to say when your tongue/lips are swollen, because you've stupidly drunk cows milk even though you're allergic to it :-)

Disgruntled.

I like this word too. I wanted to see if you can be "gruntled" - the original actually comes from 17C relating to gruntle the noise a pig makes. However I found this

P. G. Wodehouse ( 1881–1975) removed the dis- again and introduced the humorous gruntled, ‘pleased’. In The Code of the Woosters, published in 1938, he wrote: ‘I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.’