Things Are Looking Up

I don't know if it is the meds, but I think it is. I have been more chill lately. I have been laughing and playing with my kids. We flew kites and went swimming over the weekend. I have been more patient and cheerful. My relationship with my husband is still on the rocks but it hasn't been consuming me the past few days. I still have some anxiety but the xanax is working to help keep it under control. I am on day 15 of the zoloft and am feeling some relief. :Coopwink: I hope it keeps getting better.

I am so happy to hear that. That is really, really great! I am almost 60 and found that Zoloft was an excellent anti-depressant. It "seemed" subjectively to work quicker than others I have tried. I hope you will continue to improve day by day. Thanks for sharing this because we all need to hear good news!!!

that's GREAT news, i'm happy for you and hopefully things will continue to get better and better.

How much Zoloft are you taking ? i'm on day 16 " or so" on Zoloft, i felt better for a while but ever since i increased my dosage up to 100 mg almost 6 days ago, i have become more anxious and depressed. i'm guessing and hoping these are only side of effects due to the dosage increase.

It's great to hear that the meds are helping :-) this should only get better.

Hi Tamer, sorry to hear your feeling this way, I guess the way to think of it is that every time you have a dose increase this is unfamiliar territory for your body. Give it a little time to get used to it and fingers crossed things should start improving.

Best wishes

Leila

Thanks everyone!

Today is day 16 for me too. The doctor started me on 50mg for 3 days, then I took 75 for 3 days and then 100mg. He wanted me to jump from 50mg to 100mg but I was dealing with the excessive anxiety too and that is not fun. It seemed like my mind would not stop and I just keep playing things in my head over and over.

I am also taking .5mg of xanax to help with my anxiety which at first didn't really help. Doc says I can take 2 pills 3 times a day. I usually take 1 in the morning and 1 around noon. The past few days though it has been working great and I have been feeling much calmer. Also, I got some bad news yesterday and I didn't feel defeated or go into a crying spell so it must be working!

Day 21 for me...

I feel much better. Not nearly as depressed or anxious. I have been only taking one xanax a day for the past 4 days where I was taking 3 or 4. I feel much less defeated. I am having problems in my marriage and just trying to decide my next move. Divorce doesn't sound as scary as it did a month ago. I feel I am thinking more clearly and not as frantic to feel I have to keep my marriage together. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

brighterfuture, i'm so happy for you and hope things will just keep getting better and better for you, you sound confident and optimistic which is great. i'm on day 22 on Zoloft and you just gave me more hope :party: . Sorry about the problems in your marriage but as you said sometimes it just doesn't work out. breakups can be really rough, but sometimes people leave our lives to make room for better people to come along.

I have a question about Xanax, i'm new to this medication " started taking it along with Zoloft 3 weeks ago", i find it TOO sedative ! it makes me really sleepy and i hate that. i wanna be less anxious but also alert and awake, specially that i'm a student. I have read some information online and a lot of people told me the sedating effect will wear off soon as it's only a side effect " Xanax is not a sleep aid, it should only work on reducing Anxiety" but i dont know, i'm kinda disappointed in this drug, it still makes me really sleepy and numbed. does it have these effects on you too ?

Thanks for the encouragement. It is really rough. We have a house, 2 kids, typical great family life. Deciding to break this up is tough. But I am more confident than I was just a few weeks ago. That is a really good feeling. I was just a complete wreck. I can see more clearly the big picture. I think I have decided to not be defeated. I can have a great life. I just don't know where to start.

The xanax doesn't make me sleepy anymore. It just calms me down now. I have been taking it as needed for about 3 months. When I started I was also taking Amoxapine which made me sleepy so I am not sure if it was the xanax or the amoxapine. I can say now though that it really helps me. I used to wait until I was really anxious before I would take one. Now I take it as soon as the anxiety starts to come on and it really helps me. Sorry it is making you tired. That is not a good mix with school since you need to be alert there. I don't feel numb on it either. Maybe if you broke it in half? I don't know if you would still get any relief but maybe it is too strong?

I have a question about Xanax, i'm new to this medication " started taking it along with Zoloft 3 weeks ago", i find it TOO sedative ! it makes me really sleepy and i hate that. i wanna be less anxious but also alert and awake, specially that i'm a student. I have read some information online and a lot of people told me the sedating effect will wear off soon as it's only a side effect " Xanax is not a sleep aid, it should only work on reducing Anxiety" but i dont know, i'm kinda disappointed in this drug, it still makes me really sleepy and numbed. does it have these effects on you too ?

if you can, avoid xanax and other benzos. you will regret it if you get addicted to them.

The xanax doesn't make me sleepy anymore. It just calms me down now. I have been taking it as needed for about 3 months.

just be warned that abruptly stopping xanax or other benzos can put you in hell (the recommended way to get off of them is a slow taper). if you ever abruptly stop xanax, on your own or on doc's advice, know that the misery you are going through is not because of the other meds you are taking (or not taking) or your psychiatric condition but because of xanax withdrawals.

Edited by Rahul

The xanax doesn't make me sleepy anymore. It just calms me down now. I have been taking it as needed for about 3 months.

just be warned that abruptly stopping xanax or other benzos can put you in hell (the recommended way to get off of them is a slow taper). if you ever abruptly stop xanax, on your own or on doc's advice, know that the misery you are going through is not because of the other meds you are taking (or not taking) or your psychiatric condition but because of xanax withdrawals.

Thanks Rahul. I am slowly needing less and less of the xanax. I have been worrried about withdrawals. I am happy the zoloft is kicking in because I am less anxious and dependent on the xanax. Thanks for your comments!

I'm tsking Zoloft 100mg for 10 days. Today had anxiety all day. 3 months with Zoloft. STarted at 25,50,75 and now 100mg. SUffering from depression and worst anxiety. THe ZOloft helped with my depression but the anxiety is still there. Especially while driving. I lost my mother 6 months ago and still cant deal with it. Have a husband and 2 kids. When the anxiety will gone?!

First I wan tto tell you I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to cancer 13 years ago and I can relate to your pain. It is so hard.

From what I have read and with each increase you are starting over with side effects. When I started I had alot of really intense anxiety and took the xanax to counteract the side effects. It was a godsend for me. Maybe contact your doctor and request something to help with anxiety until the zoloft levels out for you. It is definately hard to deal with when you have children. Hopefully your husband is supportive during this difficult time. I read all the threads in the zoloft forum when I started and realized that other people experience the same thing when starting up... It gave me comfort that I was not alone. I hope that you will level out soon and start to see some light.

Hugs!

Day 15 in my increase dosage to 100mg. Sweating a lot during day. Sleeping 3 hours at night. Taking Lorivan when needed. My legs are cold buy my head is warm and swaety. I'm very sensative to meds...I dont want to switch another ssri. Thats my first try with ssri. Manage to hang 3months now. My mood is o.k my husband say im calmer and playing more with my kids...but when the suffer will end?!

I started 25mg of Zoloft on Friday (10/12)

I still feel the same as I did before the Zoloft

Nauseaus

Dry heaves

Tremors (Like I'm cold)

Cold Flashes / Hot Flashes

I also had an Upper GI and Pancreas and Liver Ultrasound done on Thursday to rule out anyting intestinal causing my intense nausea, vomiting, heaves and shakes. I should get the results on Monday.

This is not fun.

I cannot function at work, I actually took this week off because I wasn't sure what the Zoloft would give me as far as side affects, and so far I do not feel any different than I did before taking the Zoloft. Its early yet though, only (3) Days, (2) days on 25mg. I hear it can take weeks to feel better. I am hoping for a little glimmer of relief.

I've tried Lexapro and just can't deal with the side affects.

I just want to feel normal again. The nausea, dry heaves and vomiting and tremors have been going on since the end of July, and its gradually getting worse and worse. Some days, or even a week at a time I will feel great, and then it comes right back. Its hard to believe that just anxiety can cause all these awful physical symptoms.

Edited by NervousNelly1

Geesh it sounds like you are both just having heck of a time adjusting to this medication. I am so sorry that you are going through such severe side efffect. I wish I could comfort you but just know that it is normal to have side effects with each increase. I have been on it for 5 weeks now (I think) and I am feeling stronger and better every day. I hope that gives you some comfort to know that it does get better. It took me about 2-3 weeks until I started feeling the improvements on 100mg and now I feel alittle better everyday. I still have my moments of course but the anxiety and yucky feelings are gone. It can take up to 6 weeks to feel better so try to hang in there.

NervousNelly1- Are you taking anything to help with the anxiety during the start up phase?

Milki- I am thinking of you! Hang in there!

Hi Brighterfuture,

Day 17 on my increased Dosage to 100 mg. Out of bed doing some things at the house but feel sick to my stomach. want to through up but not doing that. B/P 144/88 , don't want to take another Lorivan as it made me sleepy yesterday all day. Have little dizziness. I can't understand why after 3.5 months that I'm taking the medication my body reacts this way with every increased dosage. I hope I'm not suffering for nothing and that it will help in 2-3 weeks!!! also I can't stand the fact I'm sweating all the time.....

It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor and see what they have to say. I am no doctor and everyone's experience is different. Some people are more sensitive and 3.5 months is a long time to suffer but if the medication will work for you it will be worth it. I am thinking of you!

Edited by brighterfuture

I have asked the doc today and he said to wait another week or so...

Maybe my anxiety is worsen due to the fact i need to get my period in frw days....

I hope to improve with the next week. Also i went today to speak with my pg and i cried all meeting with her about the last 2 years of my mother ilness. she was my life. my best friend. I cant accept the idea she died so young with such suffer. I took care at her and was with her till the last moment. it has been six months that im so sick...i miss her so much. the pg cried with me she said she had never new theres such kind of love. my mother was my air..today was such an amotion day for me. xox

That is good that you had a check in at the doctor. Hopefully this next week will do good things for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to loose someone that close. Time will heal but it takes time. My mother died when I was just 17 and she was 48. It has been hard but as time goes on it gets a little easier and a little easier. I never stop missing her but I can start to remember more of the fun times and smile. Hang in there sweetie.

Brighterfuture thank you so much for your support. its great to know thers someone there to share with.

Day 18 was o.k doing things at the house. feeling a little better. took lorivan in the morning for my anxiety. i hopr it will vanish already. still sweating a lot....but i think my depression was under control today. i just want to wake up ftom this bad dream. i want to be myself again. i miss myself...xox how are you feeling?"