What Do You Miss From 'the Good Ol' Days'?

Brokenme

• 4 weeks later...

When I was a kid I could not wait to grow up now I wish I was a kid. That way I wouldn't be so stressed out about every thing. As a kid you thought you had things were bad. I wish I was still a kid and not have to worry about any thing

When I was a kid I could not wait to grow up now I wish I was a kid. That way I wouldn't be so stressed out about every thing. As a kid you thought you had things were bad. I wish I was still a kid and not have to worry about any thing

Ain't that the truth.

I was an anxious kid, though. My way of dealing with it was to be the class clown. I spent almost every day in the hallway outside of the classroom. But the other kids thought I was funny. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^^^^Yes to the vent windows! Also, remember the vents down by your feet? You could pull or slide a knob and get outside air to blow in.

I miss cars that were actually fun to look at it and drive.

• 5 weeks later...

I had a job with a phone directory once, checking phone numbers. It was only 10 years ago but I don't imagine phone directories get to employ many people now!

even though cell phones are extremely convenient and practical… there was something about the phone booth…. i used them so much in the 70's and 80's…. now I know kids who don't even know what a phone booth is or was… kind of sad really..

I miss the days when me and all kids ran free outside all day, riding bikes, exploring, jumping rope, esp. when you had a long line of kids taking turns with two people turning the rope and the songs you skipped to, getting 50 cents allowance and buying comic books and a bag of candy with a quarter and seeing a movie on saturday afternoon with the other quarter.

Yes, my mom just use to say "come back home when the street lights come on.." they had no idea what we were doing…. but what we were doing was learning how to entertain ourselves .. i only watched TV on saturday morning because that's when the cartoons were on…