Donate Now Read more... ×
Brokenme

What Do You Miss From 'the Good Ol' Days'?

Cars out here in the desert used to have these canvas bags filled with water that you would hang from the front end of the car. In the desert everyone worried about running out of water on a long trip or having their radiator boil over.

The ability to be 'just friends' with the opposite sex. In theory, I'd be able to be friends with them nowadays as well but it seems it's so much more complicated now being an adult :verysad3:

Edited by NorthernStar

Trans World Airlines. TWA. What a grand old airline with a kind of classiness. I guess its totally subjective, but I felt there was something special about that airline.

It makes me sad trying to find things I miss as a child. When you're the oldest sober person in the house at 5-17 years old, there's no safety, no sense of being carefree... just a bunch of chaos. What do I miss? The rare times I stayed home from school and mom was sober, and we'd watch Little House on the Prairie.

The 90's. Grunge music. The days where MTV was actually cool to watch-Daria and Beavis and Butthead.

I miss skating rinks and actually going to blockbuster to rent videos. Old tv shows. My childhood friends.

DZ discovery zone. 80's cartoons. Are you afraid of the dark? The X-Files. Sleepovers. Going to hershey park during the summer.

Being able to stay up at midnight and think that I'm totally awesome, lol! Fireflies. Nerf and arrow. Playing tag in the yard. Roaming around in the woods with my friends and trying to catch salamanders. Drive-In movie theaters. Actually having friends. Feeling free. Pool parties.

Edited by BlueWeepingRose