What's your favourite 'depression busting' activity?

Josephine

what is your favourite 'depression busting' activi  

296 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favourite 'depression busting' activi

• knitting
    • reading
    • fishing
    • walking/other exercise
    • eating chocolate
    • online forums
    • church/other place of worship
    • sunbathing
    • sex
    • pampering self

• 3 weeks later...

I've got three bird feeders on a tree in my garden, this invites sparrows and **** into the garden. I alway put bread and scraps on the grass. This year for the first time I put salted cheese biscuits, crumbled up, down on the lawn. This brought in a flock of starlings, approx. 20 birds, also I put down bread soaked in fat and they love that as well.

Watching all this from my kitchen window or patio is very relaxing.

I voted for sex, even though as a current Paxil user I can't have it. When I was really depressed and anxious, sex was a fabulous way to escape the misery, forgot about myself, and just lose myself in the glorious intensity of it all. If chocolate didn't make me get fat, I would have eaten 5 pounds of it per day--but gaining weight makes me even more depressed and upset, so I seldom indulged.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Fmadhadder

LIbra I had to read your link twice i thought it said my lithium is sprouting.HEHE. I voted for sex because I am not just a heathen bunch i am a shameless heathen. Alright for me that intimate reassurance is stimulating for my saratonin. And endorphins and...

Guest I am Cat

I voted for sex too, fmadhadder... because art wasn't on there... and the next best thing to painting something is... never mind... I'm NOT going to say it... I'm NOT going to say it!

(but it was REALLY funny!) :hearts:

Guest Fmadhadder

What is it about talking about sex that makes us feel so dirty? Isn't it suppose to be a good thing to have it? I say it comforts me and I blush because i guess it is an important element to me in my relationship. I guess that is why i am so depressed for the last several months. :hearts:

Guest Fmadhadder

How can yo live up there?It is all woods. I didn't know anybody new about civilization that lived in Canada.

Guest Fmadhadder

That's hillbilly country up there isn't it? Yea thank god i'm a country boy, that's a JOhn Denver Song. He loved the rockies and trees and all that.

The violin was because you called me a foolish american. And it gets broke because i don't care. well anyway dear friend of mine,I need to leave. You have a good night.Sweet dreams and may morning come ever so slowly.