Sign in to follow this  
Josephine

What's your favourite 'depression busting' activity?

what is your favourite 'depression busting' activi  

295 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favourite 'depression busting' activi

• knitting
    • reading
    • fishing
    • walking/other exercise
    • eating chocolate
    • online forums
    • church/other place of worship
    • sunbathing
    • sex
    • pampering self

If I eat a lot at one time I do... (and sadley I CAN eat a lot of chocolate) but I think its mostly just mental...when Im down I just feel like eating chocolate, it just really tastes good and THAT makes me feel better, enjoying the taste  :D

chocolate...especially ahhh at a certain time.  yeah.  i like chocolate.  the good stuff only please. Lindor.  with hazelnuts. teee heee hee :p  not a lot.  just a taste to please me. i dont think it beats depression but it makes me happy for a fleeting moment. *sigh* :)

jo you posted the topic but never told us what you like to use to beat depression...are you the person who voted for the s word up there? :;):

j/k :p  you are probably the person who voted for online forums.  that is my top pick to but i voted for choclate just because online forums can also be depressing for me if i read sad posts.  :(   so it all depends.  but then chocolate adds to ones waist line so everything has a down side. :p  i can name a down side for every one of the things listed up there.  lol. :;):   but i wont go into details.  my preference is fish. and not the kind on a plate.  they are soothing and relaxing to watch in aquariums. I think I will go and sit with lizzy by her ponds now and have a cuppa.  that sounds very relaxing.  and have a lovely chat.  :;):  :)

sex? *scratches head and looks dense* doooh, what's that?!  :D Nah, I went for online forums. Come on, who went for sex then?! Make most of us jealous, why dontcha ;)

Guest Dispatch

If no one is around..I come online and my friends never fail me :bump: They make me laugh, and for me ...laughter is a cure all.

Thanks guys!! You rock :hearts:

Can somebody explain sex to me...........i have a distant memory...lol

My vote goes to you guys. When i'm feeling down and low i come in here and there is always a person or a post that will cheer me up like this one.:hearts:

I voted for forums  :shocked: . No need explaining.

Though, I have a confession to make.... :bump: It's about chocolate. We can't keep any in our house. 'Cus if we do, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and rush off to kitchen or wherever it's kept. My mum actually caught me on several ocassions, stuck to our case in the hall, madly ripping off that staniol paper...Which is so not funny! Lol!

Milk chocolate with almonds still my favourite  :hearts: .

leo...milk chocolate with almonds is second  for me, only if milk chocolate with hazelnuts is not avalible! :p

but I love you guys too!  you are the best!!!!  especially all my closest friends here, what would i do without ya's??   :;):

I voted for walking and other exercise.  Unfortunately, due to illness I was not able to go to the gym for awhile.  After that I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things.  I was very upset last night, and my mom wanted me to go to the gym.  I forced myself out of bed and went there.  I felt really good afterwards.  Now I realize that not doing physical activity has made my depression worse.

Katie :hearts:

heya Guppy .. you'll have to get someone else to explain sex to you :( I just remember it as some vague activity I did occasionally with the lights off when i had a long term partner ;)

i think shopping should be on that  list up there. lol....

shop shop shop......oh wait. i think the pdoc calls that a compulsive activity. :;):

what is this thing you call sex? an activity with the lights out?  with a partner? ???

Guest Dispatch
I'm not so sure on the last one there ??? I'm 40.

Chocolate is good.  I like Crunch bars or chocolate covered raisins.

The sex choice is good too!

However, I voted for online forums.  I'm not very outgoing IRL, so I make friends online.

If Im very depressed I don't function at all: I can't read, concentrate on TV, eat, go for walks etc.; as I begin to recover I try to walk daily, my garden helps me a great deal even if it's just sitting and watching the fish and I start to read again.

Sex is wonderful for kick-starting the endorphins.   :bump: Pity I don't feel like any  :shocked: But closeness with the right person helps depression, also the act is a good stress buster.  It's just being bothered ...........

My evening bath is my favourtite time of day: 9.00 p.m. sharp  :hearts:

yeah, what's a partner?! :)

I am surprised not many people have gone for reading .. it would definitely have been my second choice!

Getting out somewhere beautiful is good too .. i love the moutains, or meadows and forests will do if i can't get as far as mountains.

i really like listening to music too.  i am hooked right now. i have one cd that i am listening  too over and over. my  speakers are blaring. i think my parents are gonna kick me out if i dont turn the things down....lol.....  :hearts:  oh well.

any one else for music??

I voted for walking/other exercise.  I'm a big yoga fanatic because it can have a positive affect on both mind and body.  It makes me feel so relaxed and at peace when I practice but I can't do it with yoga alone. Although I wish I could.  I'm on fluoxetine and that combined with quite a few healthy habits that I'm trying to apply works fantastic.  I remember when I decided to go off of the med for a while because I thought that maybe, just maybe I could deal with the depression on my own without it. Boy, was I wrong.  I'm glad to be back on the med.  I have more of a zest for life now. Before it was a pit of neverending misery...

Angie

I see noone's gone for church .. we're obviously a heathenistic bunch in here ;)

I like music too, IC. I like to walk and listen to a stereo. I am listening to Guns n Roses greatest hits (a good album but should prolly be retitled 'guns n roses, ALL their hits') right now.

We must be a heathenistic bunch in here. lol.

but i saw you posting in the religion room jo :;):  but you are agnostic, right. only problem is i dont know what agnostic means! :p  :hearts:

i posted in the religions room asking what it was but have not been back to see if someone has explained it to me. this heathens thing just jogged my memorry. i will go and check it out now. thanks jo! :)