Should I Switch Back To Zoloft Or Stick It Out? Please Help

I have been having some health issues. The main symptoms are:

Vision problems

brain fog/ cognitive issues

My PCP asked me if I wanted to try an antidepressant, since I have had anxiety my entire life. I started off on zoloft. The side effects I experienced some sexual side effects that went away after a few weeks. I decided to switch to lexapro because I started twitching on zoloft. I took the more is better approach. I went from 25mg - 50mg - 100mg - 200mg in a short period of time.

My anxiety seems to have decreased on lexapro (currently on 20mg). I seem to be experiencing depression. Basically, I feel like the lexapro works for my anxiety, but I still have loss of interest and am not motivated. I am debating on whether I should switch back to zoloft and just take it slow or stick it out with lexapro.

I experienced no side effects with lexapro. Are side effects a good marker to tell whether or not a drug is working? Should I try another antidepressant all together?

Hi Fitness,

I just read your post. I am so sorry you are suffering right now. I am not a medical professional and so it would be unethical and wreckless for me to advice you. The first rule of medicine is: first do no harm. I think you might want to bring up your concerns with your doctor. It can be so helpful to have a good working relationship with one's physician where one is able to freely voice ones concerns. You are also completely within your rights to seek a second medical opinion if that is your wish. I know it sounds like I am completely evading your questions, but I am concerned about your health and wouldn't want anything to happen to you. I send you my very best wishes for a complete recovery Fitness.

Ok. I've been on both Lexapro and Zoloft. I've experienced twitching while on both meds. I call them 'zaps.' Not sure we're talking about the same thing though. I felt less anxiety and had less break-through panic attacks on Lexapro than Zoloft. This could very well be me and not the meds. Sorry your experience with the doc hasn't been that helpful. Others here will have better words for you. Best to you!