What Made You Laugh Today #2

Trace

My sweet little dog. The boy came to get the hospital bed and I left the room so he could take it apart. I hear him talking and walk in to find him on the floor with my little doggy leaning back against him as he pets her belly and tells her that she is the best doggy ever. I walked in just as she licked his face and he laughed.

One of my little beetles was on his back this morning [usually a bad sign in bugs]. I felt kinda sad and went to remove him and he just sprang to life. What made me laugh though was that he was totally annoyed by me. His body language was like . . . "how dare you think I'm dead. I'm sleeping and now you are 'bugging' me."

Watching Midsomer ******s yesterday evening. A blond and gorgeous woman in a red suit gets robbed by two thugs on a motorcycle. A n extremely old gentleman with an equally old dog try come to her aid, but she kicks the old guy to the ground, drives over him and speeds away! ( I mean, really!) The old guy looks like he has seen heaven and exclaims: "Magnificient!" :mad1: Lol Talk about surrealism. Lol

I heard on the news today that a honey merchant in Iceland wanted to import as usual from honey merchants in France, but their bees started to produce blue, red and green honey. The explanation: The bees ate too much M&M! Unbelievable. :)

My pet beetles were all asleep upside down under a piece of tree bark. I thought it was funny that there are things that can sleep upside down. I was trying to picture myself in my bedroom hanging from the ceiling and sleeping. I just don't see that ever happening. LOL.

When some little kid came in dressed as a ghost and I pretended to be scared and they smiled :smile:

When some student was waiting for a lift home and I brought the toy trolley car into the shop

and I go "your taxi awaits" which made them laugh.

How deeply my son sleeps..... I've just hit him with a pillow and not a movement!

A bit like my eldest son! Aaah remember those days as a teen when one could happily snooze until lunchtime. Bliss!

Incredibly jealous :( I mean today there is nothing technically stopping me from laying in until I want to but I was up at 6 thinking I should be doing something!

When I saw on the news six people go swimming in the ocean, only dressed in swim suits! :wwww: In Iceland during winter! We had polar storm and snow blizzard 200 km per hour with rescue teams all over town and these guys just go to the beach, take off their clothes and started swimming. A huge wave crashed them back on land and they were immediately taken over by the rescue teams and asked what in god´s name they were doing. Lol

It made me laugh to realize that it is not just the human animal that makes mistakes. I was watching a beetle walking somewhere and I guess it was a little too steep for him and he fell over unto his back. Boy, was he annoyed and upset. He was furiously trying to right himself and did. I have seen birds make flying mistakes sometimes too. Animals that I see around here don't seem to brood about it much afterwards. They just move on with their lives. I wish I could do that. They don't seem to get consumed by guilt or racked by remorse. I suppose social animals do have self-esteem type problems as least related to group status and mating and all that.

Edited by Epictetus

A conversation with my daughter that went like this

Me: stop being a slob and pick up your candy wrapers.

Daughter: It's not that bad, calm down.

Me: Not that bad, there's nothing worse than a slob!

Daughter: Yeah there is......your bathroom.

I was trying to be serious but I couldn't hold in the laughter, she's so amazing!

BTW my bathroom is clean....kinda.

Watching a National Geographic documentary on polar bears and Siberain huskies and seeing the polar bears hugging and almost kissing the dogs they love so much. It was so beautiful and made me smile. The bears lift the dogs and carry them in their arms, just like babies. :hearts:

A crow in the middle of the street who couldn't decide whether eating some discarded tacos and beans were worth the effort of dodging oncoming cars. He obviously sensed that I was a sucker for animals. He refused to fly off when I drove up. And we had a little staring contest. He won.

The shyness of my beetles. This didn't make me really laugh so much as smile. I was so afraid of insects as a child. It is hard to believe who I am today. My little black beetles are slow moving. Their large bodies appearing to be carried by thread like legs. They are so shy too. I could never imagine in a million years that I would use the word "shy" and "beetle" in the same sentence. It is so human to identify with creatures that are like us. I think that is why we are attracted to mammals and baby mammals especially. It seems like the more "alien" looking a creature is, the harder it is to appreciate. As a little kid I was always asking my parents to step on bugs because they scared me. I even remember a time when I was a child and used to step on bugs for fun. Now when I see a dead bug I actually feel a sense of sadness and the little guys really tug on my heartstrings sometimes. What an amazing, amazing world.

I was looking for a book on Amazon and some crazy seller had it new for $4999.99. :huh: I can't imagine what would make a book worth over 5000 dollars after shipping. (I think the seller put in one too many 9's) Can't imagine that he'll have many takers. There was a used one too for 89.99. Again, can't imagine what makes the book worth so much. The book's probably a casual 25 when you buy from the author's website.

I was looking for a book on Amazon and some crazy seller had it new for $4999.99. :huh: I can't imagine what would make a book worth over 5000 dollars after shipping. (I think the seller put in one too many 9's) Can't imagine that he'll have many takers. There was a used one too for 89.99. Again, can't imagine what makes the book worth so much. The book's probably a casual 25 when you buy from the author's website.

Oooh, oh Wow!

The cat thinking that my shirt was a toy to play with. That cat is insane, it also steals all my kids toys to play with. They come and ask me, 'where is such and such a toy' and I say go and check if the cat has it. Lol.