Sign in to follow this  
Diego55

Fisher-Wallace Ces Stimulator Device - Your Experiences

I am thinking about buying one after I have read some positive contributions as a potential treatment for anxiety disorders, depressions... What are your thoughts/opinions on it ? Has anyone tried it yet (mainly for anxiety, social phobia) ?

Thank you in advance for your replies !Fisher-Wallace CES Stimulator device - your experiences

Edited by KidSurvivor2011
External Links Not Allowed in Posts

I have had one since last Februrary. My worst problem is generalized anxiety disorder (I also have social phobia) and that is aggravated by my OCD and depression. The Fisher Wallace device has worked for me to noticeably improve my sleep quality, anxiety and depression though it is not a cure. It may be helping my OCD because anyone's OCD is worse under chronic stress. I had problems with nausea when I first started using it but that ended after the first few weeks. One side effect I have not been able to get past is a noticeable "blankness" and slight confusion for a few hours after a session but I am sure I am in a very small minority with this problem. The Fisher Wallace manufacturer claims the device increases serotonin, GABA, beta endorphins and alpha brain waves. I believe it is working for me and I have a friend ordering one. The device is very expensive and you probably will get little if any insurance reimbursement- I bought a refurbished one for $500 USD.

hi i was wondering do you get serqoal in ireland it is probably under and different name. my main problem is gad and social anxiety. i went for a lot help last year and lexapro help a bit. but sleep is the main problem. i am back in college am a mature student in september and i really want to get myself sorted by then. i am appointment with my doctor on 30th of august they just give u what they think suit you. i know i might sound vain but i dont want anything that might make me put on weight because that in itself depresses me. be glad of any advice. sorry about my bad spelling cant think today due to lack of sleep last night

Hello cailinbron, I'm in America so I don't know about the availability of Seroquel (generic name quetiapene fumarate) in the U.K.. My psychiatrist prescribed 50mg Seroquel for my insomnia and it is working very well for that purpose. Seroquel is supposed to be helping my OCD and has mild antidepressant qualities. Seroquel is one of the early atypical antipsychotics, the ones associated with weight gain but it has been my experience knowing two people on relatively large doses that weight gain was not noticeable compared to Zyprexa which is notorious for it. The newer atypical antipsychotics like Abilify and Geodone are supposed to be much more "weight neutral" but I don't know if they can help with insomnia. I hope you get things sorted out and good luck with your upcoming appointment. :smile:

On 7/31/2012 at 7:01 AM, cailinbron said:

hi i was wondering do you get serqoal in ireland it is probably under and different name. my main problem is gad and social anxiety. i went for a lot help last year and lexapro help a bit. but sleep is the main problem. i am back in college am a mature student in september and i really want to get myself sorted by then. i am appointment with my doctor on 30th of august they just give u what they think suit you. i know i might sound vain but i dont want anything that might make me put on weight because that in itself depresses me. be glad of any advice. sorry about my bad spelling cant think today due to lack of sleep last night

I'm pretty sure you can get Seroquel in Ireland because it's created my AstraZeneca a british pharmaceutical company. I've been on 400mg of it since 2004 to help with the insomnia caused by Major Depressive Disorder. It also helps to stabilize my mood. [edit] The drug's efficacy is very high but is notorious for it's weight gain side effects. I've gained over 90 pounds using the drug and can't lose any weight despite exercising 5 days a week and dieting. 

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove mention of not taking a drug

On 7/30/2012 at 3:44 PM, withafeather said:

I have had one since last Februrary. My worst problem is generalized anxiety disorder (I also have social phobia) and that is aggravated by my OCD and depression. The Fisher Wallace device has worked for me to noticeably improve my sleep quality, anxiety and depression though it is not a cure. It may be helping my OCD because anyone's OCD is worse under chronic stress. I had problems with nausea when I first started using it but that ended after the first few weeks. One side effect I have not been able to get past is a noticeable "blankness" and slight confusion for a few hours after a session but I am sure I am in a very small minority with this problem. The Fisher Wallace manufacturer claims the device increases serotonin, GABA, beta endorphins and alpha brain waves. I believe it is working for me and I have a friend ordering one. The device is very expensive and you probably will get little if any insurance reimbursement- I bought a refurbished one for $500 USD.

it actually worked for you?? a few people I asked told me it was a waste of money..