Sign in to follow this  
LauraSA87

Hello Everyone !

I just wanted to say that I think its wonderful this forum exists & that the people who give their free time to run it must be very generous indeed. Im not very good with people or computers but I hope this forum can help me & let me feel less isolated & alone.

:cat_jumps:

:nod: Its difficult when social skills are so imperative to daily functioning, makes things hard. its good having a place to talk to people who understand. & I feel more comfortable from behind a screen, when a person is in front of me it feels like I cant say the right thing. I have found the forum supportive so far which is very helpful.

Well, without sounding crass, ya get what ya give so don't feel at all bit shy about posting or just reading. Ye are both right and I think the wonderful thing is that the forum is being kept going by the community itself although the mods are legends.

Keep in there and keep posting

Stonium

I just wanted to say that I think its wonderful this forum exists & that the people who give their free time to run it must be very generous indeed. Im not very good with people or computers but I hope this forum can help me & let me feel less isolated & alone.

:cat_jumps:

Hi LauraSA87,

It is lovely to have you with us :holiday: .

I join in with you, in praising the generosity of the people who created and manage depression forums. We are so fortunate to have such generous people in the world.

Interestingly, you will discover, that the more you use internet forums, such as this one, you will begin to feel more confident in person to person social interactions because you learn specific phrases that are utilized in person to person social interactions, such as "It is lovely to have you with us", "That is wonderful news" etc. I learnt the phrase, "Lots of Hugs" from another depression forum member.

Lots of Hugs, Rainbowstar :hugs: .

Thank you so much Laura for creating this topic and thank you all for your kind words. DF is a wonderful place, with such wonderful members and it is the members who share that make it the great place that it is, so thanks to each and every one of you.

Trace

Thank u everyone for your very kind words. Even small gestures can make a big difference I have found. I will try & be involved in this forum because I think it could help. Thanks again guys :happy: .