How Is Your Weather Today #13

Trace

It´s so hot here, I feel like a boiled lobster. This must be the calm before the storm... or something! 29°degrees today and when in Iceland with the clear air we have, it´s way higher. I´ve been to Sudan on a hot day and believe me... this is getting a bit weird.

The cats in their furcoats are just sleeping and making a funny gurgling sounds, waiting for some cool air. :1cat:

The weather is still hot but the "promise" of a cooling spring is in the air. Seems like the birds and insects can sort of feel it to. Perhaps I am anthropomorphizing. Looks like the ants are starting to shut down things for eventual hibernation. They seem kind of laid back in their efforts as if they know spring is coming. I've found a way to observe them without getting stung. I took a metal milk crate and I just stand on it. I put a little bit of Vicks around the edge. They don't like the smell of it and won't climb up and bite me. Ha ha ha. I never noticed it before but ants never seem to move in a straight line. I don't think I would have noticed it except that a couple of very determined beetles walked by and were moving in a very ambitious way along a straight path. I learn something every day.

Thunder and Lightning. Where I live there are all these ancient Cottonwood trees and there is nowhere to park one's car except under one of them. Most have these HUGE dead limbs that hang menacingly over my car "Fluffy." I know if one of these huge limbs fell on "Fluffy" she would be a gonner. YIKES.

It's 24C right now but it was about 31C earlier today.

We´re going to have quite a winter, Jarrod, after a tropical summer! :)

There is autumn in the air today. Not cold, but slightly misty. I love the mist of autumn.

It is hot today but my a/c is making a "funny noise," so I am trying not to run it too much. I don't know why I call it a funny noise, since there is nothing really funny about it. If it cools down this evening, I might climb up the ladder and look at it.

A bit cooler. It´s obvious autumn is drawing near. We might get some good days still, the trees in my gardens are getting heavy with berries. Harvest time.

In September we like to go outside the city to pick blackberries, my favorite berries of all except grapes.