The sims 2

leonarda

I know I'm horrible 'cus this is not suppose to be a healthy activity and all, but... I'm no fan of PC games, but I love Sims, these little virtual people, and can't wait for new edition to come out in september.  :hearts: Here, I admited it!

WARNING, POSSIBLE TRIGGER

They stir my imagination and I love making up, so I enjoy building all the houses and leading their lives, controling them, planning life paths...It's much easier than to go out and live a real life of your own :(. But then again, I feel good playing them and they make me laugh, so that's a good thing, right?

END OF TRIGGER

Anyone else?

leo, i dont know what the sims is?

but i love video games...is this kinda like that?  or is the sims like an emulator?

I like super marios, and yoshi and the little mermaid and mario cart...all that kind of stuff. lol. yup, i am a kid at heart.

I also like card games on my computer like Euchre and and rummy and stuff like that.

I say as long as its fun enjoy it!!!!  :;):

Sims are sort of virtual people. You choose a body and a face and their astro sign and then you move them into a house, which you can build or purchase and they have to get a job and they have relationships and babies and they can go downtown, on holidays, to the pet store, on a date etc. New edition in september will enable simsies to grow and get old and die from old age  :hearts: . And they'll have ''genetics'' and you'll be able to influence their development, for example, if you'll make them watch tv all the time, they'll became obese and lazy etc.

It's a simulation, I believe!  You control the game with your mouse, whch is great for me, 'cus I sort of suck in games which involve hundreds of keyboard keys. :wave:

Leo, theres nothing wrong with liking the Sims. Did you know it's currently the #1 selling PC game of all time? The previous title holder was Myst - an adventure game released in 1993. The base game has sold over 6 million units, and the game and all its expansions have a combined total of over 13 million sales worldwide. It's also managed to crack the elusive female market, with 50-60% of its fans being women (many people attribute this to its success). So its not suprising you really like the game. My mom and sister are total fanatics! They've got the game and every expansion, and they play it almost daily. Heck, they used to fight over the computer just to play Sims :hearts: They're both pumped over the sequel too, but they'll need a new computer to play it (and they keep asking if i'll build one for them :D ).

So no worries... the Sims is as close to mainstream as computer games get right now ;)

So I'm not alone? Phew!  :)

Solstice, thanks for the info! My sister and I are sort of hooked too, but currently without sims on PC, waiting for that nr2 to come! (We used do fight some over the computer, too).

Mmf, I played roller coaster tycoon too and school tycoon and a few of other tycoons but the sims remain my favourite.

If you get them (and if I get them) we could exchange notes on what's going on with our simsies  :;): ?  :wave:

I found that info on Amazon. If you want to learn more about sims just google ''the sims 2'' and the official site will open up for you. There's some info on nr 1 there too, I believe.

And don't you go telling your family I told you about sims if you become to like them and play them 24/ 7 !!!  :hearts:

:bump:

Leo,

I love the sims. I have it on ps2. I love building grand houses. I put in cheat codes so i have unlimited money and all the things are unlocked. Too much fun

IC

I also love mario cart and yoshi and all those characters.

I'm just a game junkie, i have psone, PS2 and gameboy cause i love to play games. I think instead of 31 my age should be 13

:hearts:  :bump:  :shocked:

Yes, you can,IC  :hearts: ....You start of with like 20.000$ for a sim/family and you have to build them a house, food, etc. Then they have to get a job and move slowly up the latter in order to earn more money. You can then buy better stuff for them.

If you put in a cheat code you can go right to buying them all the nicest things. I only use code for the money, but I believe there are others, like ''never miss a job'' etc.  :bump:  :shocked:

hi, just wanted to say i love the sims also. I have all of them and sims online. Sims online is so addicting i sat for the whole darn day playing once. Its so nice to be interacting with real people along with controlling your sims every move. Its great. I cant wait for sims2 to come out.

• 2 weeks later...