Anybody Else Experiencing Random Crying?

I'll be going about things and feel good, hell I can even be having a decent conversation or doing something enjoyable, then I get this wave of sadness and just wanna cry. and the stupid thing is I can't explain it, and then I don't know how to deal with feeling that way because it confuses me and I think why do I wanna cry? All I know is that at the time I feel sad and I want to cry. its been happening the past few nights.

Hi Cherryrainbow,

I don't know your age, but could this be hormonal? I'd go to your Dr., explain how you've had this sudden onset of emotional outbursts and see what he/she suggests. Maybe some thyroid tests or something of that nature are in order.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

I think I know what you mean. I'd def first look into what Maddie Louise said about chemical imbalances. I think that's the root of it when it happens to me. But just curious if you're like me, is there anything painful that has happened in the last few years that you purposefully block out and don't think about?

Were the triggers these last few nights? and what did you end up thinking about when you were crying?

Edited by Megan286

I don't cry completely out of the blue, but sometimes I have really subtle triggers that set me off. An upset child or certain seemingly random words could set me off.

I agree with the others with asking you doc about it, because it does sound like it could possibly be a hormone imbalance. You doc should definitely have some ideas. :)

Yes, I have these days where I am extremely changeable. I literally go from being excited and motivated to crying within minutes. I call them 'flipping' days.. because of how fast I flip between emotions. It doesn't happen to me all the time though, I think it's pretty much related to my hormone cycle.

I do this random crying a lot. When I told my doctor last week, I even started crying! This is really unusual considering I am almost 100% stoic and rarely show any emotion.

Crying takes a huge energy toll out for most of us who don't have much energy to begin with.

I wonder if there are any coping techniques to help control the random outbursts. Deep breathing is a classic but anything else?

If I'm by myself I usually just let myself go, but if I don't want to cry in front of someone I'll breathe deeply, try to clear my mind/not think of anything, blink less, and don't focus my vision on anything, but I think more than anything else I have a lot of practice not crying in front of others, for better or worse. i basically just shut down that part of my brain.

I guess I go through stages. Last winter I cried every day sometimes it got really scarey....More recently I have been doing better. However, there are triggers....I lost a friend recently and break out into tears at the most inopportune times. I am also trying to find closure and not finding it. Then I started crying about random people ... My husband says just stop. You have control, I try to change my mindset but it isn't always possible. I believe that part of the battle with many is chemical or hormonal and then the rest is life experience and trauma. I have both. Obviously, go to the doctor, get tests, thyroid, blood. Check your "D." The range should be between 50 and 80. Mine is 2 which is primary reason for what they call S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder.) An endocrinologist is worth the money.