Sign in to follow this  
cathyok

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Latuda Medication

i was just prescribed latuda 40mg. it's fairly new and the warnings are scary to say the least. i was wondering if anyone has tried it or is on it and if it is worth the risk. does it help you? thanks

I used Latuda for two months, my therapist gave me samples because it is very expensive. I was very afraid to use it at first, but then I got over it and decided to use it. It helped with the depression a little but, but not as I would have expected it to so I decided to stop it. I suffer from chronic depression, GAD and agoraphobia. I have tried lots of medications, none seem to help, I honestly thought that Latuda might be the answer but it is not. I hope others would post their experiences with Latuda. I am sorry that this drug did not work for me.

I was also on it when I was in the hospital but it did not work for me, now I am on parnate which is and older medication with risk also. But it is some what working.

I have been on it a month at 20mgs and I just saw my psych who just upped it to 40 idk I do feel a little difference as if something has been lifted a little bit but it hasn’t been enough. Still have feelings of despair and crying spells. I’m hoping the new dosage helps. I’ve also felt more irritable than what Is normal for me.. 

I’m three weeks in, and I experienced a large decrease in my depression from the first dose. No side effects, either. Not even mild ones, as far as I can tell (the only thing that I can think of as being worse since I started is some muscle soreness, but I also suspect that that’s from my increased trips to the gym... and making it to the gym more often is a good thing!).

...Which surprised me, since I’ve been on maybe a dozen medications prior, most of which had really bad side effects and/or didn’t help at all.

I’m still definitely depressed, but it’s more of the “life sucks” variety, rather than the “every day I think about suicide” variety that I was at prior to starting it.

Of course, part of me is still anxious about the other shoe dropping, and finding out that it’s doing something terrible to me and I just haven’t realized it yet.

Edit:

Well, lower back soreness is specifically listed in the potential side effects (under “rare’), so I’ll check in with my psych about it when I have an appointment on Tuesday. That’s definitely new since I started, and my workout patterns haven’t changed much (it’s gone from 2-3 times a week to a solid 3 times a week) since starting.

Edited by CrazyEddie

And now I'm going off Latuda.

The muscle soreness was definitely caused by it, as it was problematic the entire time I was on it. No other noticeable side effects.

I still had suicidal ideation on it, and the doctor raised the dose from 20 to 40 to 80 over the months. General mood was pretty bad.

I'm one week off of it (with the week prior to that on a reduced dose). It's been somewhat more difficult to get to sleep most nights this week, but last night was normal. The back soreness has lessened in the last week. No other side effects from going off the med.

I'm back to discussing with the psyc what to try next.