Sign in to follow this  
DarkRain

Words You Like?

One of my quirky habits is to repeat words to myself that I like saying. Like the word scoot or pasketti (what I call spaghetti).

Do you have words or phrases you like to use a lot?

I love repeating part of the poem(in my head)"When You Are Old" by W.B. Yeats

How many loved your moments of glad grace

And loved your beauty with words false or true

But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you

And the sorrows of your changing face

I say, whatever....... a lot, in the sarcastic way.

I also say, 'do you know what' a lot.

I also use a few words that I can't repeat here a lot when it comes to one of my clients. Basically I say he is an incompetent, ignorant :censored:

Everyone at work is used to me saying that. If those words come out of my mouth, they know that he is giving me a hard time (its all via e-mail, so he can't hear me. Hahahaha)

Haha, yeah, I repeat words to myself too. Especially if they sound funny when you repeat them. But for some reason, I can't think of an example now. Hmm, must write them down the next time I find one.

I often use the word "stuff", because it's a cute word and goes with nearly everything. And I guess I say "I guess" a lot. :Coopwink:

Sometimes I find that if you think about words... they sound really weird. Like "paper". Just say it to yourself over and over, slowly, reeeeally pronouncing the syllables and thinking about the sounds. Isn't it weird??

I used to say "epic" a lot, or "I heart you," but then those phrases became trendy and EVERYONE used them. :( I didn't want to be seen as a copycat when I used them before they were popular! Oh well.

I have a lot of weird things I say, but I suppose it's more the way I say them than the actual words used.

I've taken a liking to the word 'munchies'. I've got the munchies, or I want some munchies. :wwww:

Ditto, I use munchies all the time, you have made me hungry too.

I think it means all crazy mixed up. Like haywire.

Ragamuffin. I guess it's a term for someone who lives on the streets but I always thought it sounded cute, like a type of muffin.

Sometimes I find that if you think about words... they sound really weird. Like "paper". Just say it to yourself over and over, slowly, reeeeally pronouncing the syllables and thinking about the sounds. Isn't it weird??

I have a lot of weird things I say, but I suppose it's more the way I say them than the actual words used.

Haha yeah I tried to explain this one time... When you say it over and over it just sounds like some strange word not connected to the original at all - the syllables would kinda separate themselves from each other... I bet there's a word for that phenomenom. Wonder what it is...

Haha yeah I tried to explain this one time... When you say it over and over it just sounds like some strange word not connected to the original at all - the syllables would kinda separate themselves from each other... I bet there's a word for that phenomenom. Wonder what it is...

This makes me smile....it's ages since I've thought of a word this way but it's so true, when you keep thinking it and repeating it, it doesn't seem connected at all.

I like words in general, and the word association games are awesome.... Sometimes mine are really abstract, sometimes not... Sometimes I'll read the last few words, and draw an association from them, or just look at the very last one. I've found that I get more complex word associations from using 2 words (or more) at a time. This makes sense but I find it intriguing for some reason..

Sign in to follow this