Augmenting Medication Will Remove Mental Anxiety/negative Thoughts?

when i first started taking paroxetine ssri it seemed to work better, it eliminated negative thoughts/thinking. it was amazing.

i was wondering whether this where/why people use augmenting agents. i mean i still have the mental anxiety now but the paroxetine ssri is still controlling sweating and physical symptoms well other than racing heart. i suppose i could have tried a beta blocker.

i was wondering if something like an NDRI such as wellbutrin or reboxetine would/might have helped and whether by augmenting in general people hope to banish ALL of the mental anxiety etc. if thats even possible??

i suppose it comes back to the assumption that antidepressants are not happy pills or a panacea for your depression etc.

Don't have the answer to your question, but it's interesting and I'd too like to hear some responses. The Paxil has been wonderful at eliminating my anxiety, it's like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Unfortunately I've just gotten a bunch of new responsibilities put on my at work, so I'm feeling anxious again. If i wasn't taking the Paxil I'd be a basket case right now! I'd be totally freaking out, so it's definitely saving me there... but I don't want any anxiety. I'm sick of it, and I'd love to be a zombie for awhile. So now I'm considering asking my pdoc next visit if we can increase the dose. I have Klonopin to take as needed, but unfortunately it has little effect on me.

I can tell you that I was on wellbutrin for a long time and it gave me a bit more energy, but made my anxiety worse. I have no plans to take it again.

I am amazed at how augmenting my Antidepressants with Abilify has helped my intrusive thoughts & mental anxiety in general. Although my antidepressants (3 of them!) do an OK job of keeping me out of the pits, I still struggle with destructive/intrusive thoughts. Abilify (at 15mg) has completely "quieted" my brain down, if that makes sense, and I attribute most of my mental stability to the presence of an antipsychotic in my cocktail. If anyone is still struggling with mental anxiety and is already on an AD, I highly recommend augmenting it with Abilify, it really has been a godsend for me personally!