When Talking To People Does It Feel That They Dont Like You

wanew

I often think that when people talk to me. Not quite so much since I had CBT, but I still do sometimes, especially if I'm having a bad day.

Have you tried CBT? It can really help you challenge why you think that. Before I had it, I used to be painfull awkward around most people.

I pretty much constantly think everyone around me hates me. Which, after I do it enough, tends to cause my friends to distance themselves because they get sick of it. I've ruined a relationship or two that way too. You have to keep telling yourself that no one thinks that way, it's only your own doubt talking.

Now, if I can manage that myself....

I have a tendency to do that too, and as Trace said, it's a sign of low self-esteem. I have a lot of problems with that, so I recognize it when I'm doing it. I try to counter it with positive affirmations for myself every day. It's hard to say positive things to myself! I've been trying to do that for years, and it's still difficult!

I agree with Bunnie that CBT might help you. Have you been seeing a Dr for your depression and/or other issues? If so, talk to your Dr about the possibility of CBT. If you have not seen a Dr, then I think now is the time to do so!

Yeah, I always want to be a pleaser. I used to want everyone to like me. I always think my appearance was the factor that resulted in people not liking me but as I looked around me, I saw people who don't look good and still have friends but there's one thing about them - either chatty, outspoken or gossipy. I have improved by switching my thought patterns..Its hard but it's starting to get in me. I try to be positive though. I wouldn't want this to worsen my depression,

Very much so. And even the few people that I do believe like me, I can not for the life of me understand why, and feel like they'd be better off without me. As has been said, it signifies low self-esteem.

Sometimes when I talk to people I feel like I'm annoying them. Or worse, when I'm talking about a subject that I'm passionate about, I feel like I'm being off-putting or obnoxious. No one ever tells me that, but I feel that way.