Blessings

dystopia

we have all heard the expression count your blessings

meaning count what is good in your life ,that's what I am going to do

every day I am going to think of something positive no matter how small or insignificant it is

look for it , find it, count it ,

today I was in a shop and a stranger engaged me in conversation we exchanged pleasantries for a good ten minutes, it lifted my spirits

focus on something positive, add anything to this list

I'm with Spiritual Wanderer on this one, I'm a single mom too, only I have a son. He's 11 and getting more interested in video games than spending time with me but that doesn't stop him from saying "I love you" every night before he goes to sleep and every morning before he goes out the door to school. He definitely keeps me from giving up. Sundays are usually spent with his dad but next week is Mother's Day and his dad agreed to let me have him for the day and we're planning on going to a movie, It gives me something to look forward to all week!

Lovely thread! I had too many positive events today to count. The sun was shining. I saw my mother smiling, she rarely does that. I met with my therapist and my doctor whom I know both very well. I remembered sitting in that doctor's office four years ago rarely being able to form one sentence, my head bowed down and my hair all on my face and feeling so much shame I barely existed. Now I held my head high and really enjoyed who I was for that one moment. I talked with him and my voice just flowed finally being able to release all those emotions I have had to bear. I feel so grateful for today. Thank you Lord!

glad to see some positive post's that in it self makes my day better, though it's not over yet ,it's been good

so far

after many day's of wind and rain the sun was shining today and I spent it in the garden pulling weeds

I am tired now but it's a satisfying kind of tired having achieved some thing and I did marvel at how some

delicate looking plants have held up against the inclement weather, how they bend with the wind,bow down in the rain only to lift them selves up again when the sun shines

Well everyday I get reminded that I have the best family in the world. There always there and I can always count on them :)

And then my sweet friends at school, there great and always manage to cheer me up and bring a smile to my face even the worst days, I love them!

And just about today. A class I always suck at went really well and I cooked a nice meal for my family. Today is a sweet day :)

Edited by Broken_girl

Seeing and playing with some of my nieces and nephews, if only for 20 mins

Oh I love that too. There such a joy to be around and I can totally be me and act silly and stupid haha. That's why I love kids in general, there not as judgemental as ppl my age.

Oh I love that too. There such a joy to be around and I can totally be me and act silly and stupid haha. That's why I love kids in general, there not as judgemental as ppl my age.

And tough too ... my little niece who is barely walking, had a small fall on the pavement. I was going to help her up (but then held back as you don't want to spoil them) and to her credit, she picked herself up, dusted off her hands and off playing again with a beautiful smile. And as you say Broken_Girl, so funny ... I was begining to think that my repotoire (sic) of f@rt jokes were consigned to history but no :-)

That and the visit of a great friend y'day made it a great day. Its the small things that count!

Edited by StoniumFrog

I was tidying my book case today and came across a long forgotten book of verse

there's a particular poem that inspired me many years ago, I would like to share it with you

out of the night that covers me

black as the pit from pole to pole

I thank whatever gods may be

for my unconquerable soul

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud

under the bludgeonings of chance

my head is blood ied but unbowed

beyond this place of wrath and tears

looms but the horror of the shade

and yet the menace of the years

finds and shall find me unafraid

It matters not how strait the gate

how charged with punishments the scroll

I am the master of my fate

I am the captain of my soul

William E Henley

Edited by dystopia

Beautiful dystopia,

In fairness, if ever feeling down, dys, do think of starting this thread as being at least one positive thing that you have done - kudos! Its a lovely way to just think back thro' the day and go "that 5-10 minutes made the other 12 hours worthwhile". What about another thread of a verse a day :-)

Oh my God - was at a small do for a family member and there was a whole load of kids. Of course, the family clown had to keep them occupied but their appreciation for something as simple as a paper plane/hat really made all the noise worthwhile. Makes you think why do we need all the associated bull of materialism? Deffo going to do something in the long term that will help kids/teens thro' what can be difficult times. Needs not be fulltime.

Edited by StoniumFrog