Intuition Is My Gift But My Ultimate Curse

Icarus21

Do any of you guys have the ability to follow your gut feeling and just know that its right. Does your intuition steer you in the right path even though logic might say otherwise. Well i have this ability. I'm also empathetic and can feel certain peoples feelings. but this has kinda diminished over the years as people took it for their advantage. I always seemed to have a different perception of the world than other people. I remember in my younger years while everyone was so busy in their lives I would sit back and look at my own life and go deep inside my brain and try to make sense of everything. I got better and better. Somedays i just thought constantly about the world and myself and tried to understand myself in a deeper level. As i got to high school I felt really different. Like I could tell if something was off or if something bad or good was going to happen. I couldn't explain it but it made me feel lonely. I felt I knew about some things most kids didn't even care about that were really important. I felt like people didn't care about changing the world like I did. I feel like I knew secrets on how to improve society. Later I found out my theory on that was true and it was happening somewhere else in the world. I guess I was deeper than your average kids. I was always seen as dramatic. I seemed to make everything out bigger than it was but to me it was and I could see so many flaws people made and who didn't know what their talking about and who was being honest. Despite all of this everyone was picking out all my flaws and whenever I had something to say they would reject their flaws on me and turn it around. I don't mean to sound arrogant because I'm not but I just know certain things about the world than "normal" people just overlook. it gets me in trouble and makes me feel isolated because my views are so different than other peoples. A lot of times my gut will tell me one thing and it is really strong but don't follow it because other people say things like i'm crazy or talk me out of it. Those are usually always the biggest mistakes I make in life. Later on I found out if I had just listened to my intuition things would of ended better had I not listened to everyone. I guess thats why i sort of hate advice at time. Most advice I hear from people is more destructive than helpful and most peoples advice steer my away from my gut. i always battle if I should listen to myself or give someone the benefit of the doubt. But I feel like this gift made me to the person I am today. Its helped me not give in to worldly temptations such as getting drunk or taking drugs or being mean to people. I have the ability to stand back and look at other peoples shoes and i guess thats where my empathy comes in because I can see things from other peoples points of views. I felt like this is linked to my depression though because it does act as a curse because I don't follow the crowd and leaves me battling everyday if I should just listen to my heart.

Does anyone on here have a good sense of intuition and how has it helped or not helped in your life?

Kyreem!

"Therefore, O Ananda, be ye lamps unto yourselves. Rely on yourselves, and do not rely on external help. Hold fast to the truth as a lamp. Seek salvation alone in the truth. Look not for assistance to any one besides yourselves.

"And how, Ananda, can a brother be a lamp unto himself, rely on himself only and not on any external help, holding fast to the truth as his lamp and seeking salvation in the truth alone, looking not for assistance to any one besides himself? Herein, O Ananda, let a brother, as he dwells in the body, so regard the body that he, being strenuous, thoughtful, and mindful, may, whilst in the world, overcome the grief which arises from the body's cravings."

"Those who, either now or after I am dead, shall be lamps unto themselves, relying upon themselves only and not relying upon any external help, but holding fast to the truth as their lamp, and seeking their salvation in the truth alone, and shall not look for assistance to any one besides themselves, it is they, Ananda, among my bhikkhus, who shall reach the very topmost height! But they must be anxious to learn."

-the buddha. Bless you and please, be strong, be gentle, but be strong.

Edited by EastDream

Namaste Dstrange and EastDream, I have EXACTLY the same problem, I see everything on a very deep level and my intuitioIn is usually spot on, although sometimes it can turn into almost "paranoia" which is when it is least helpful. Even as a child i was depressed because I could see everything on a deeper level. I used to think and often still do think, "what's the point? Life is all process, process, process, get up, get washed, wash up, dry up, do washing, just to have to do it all over again soon, and we;re all going to die anyway, why bother doing anything at all. lol. I look deeply into everything, it drives me mad sometimes. People talk about little things like what they're going to have for lunch and i'm there thinking "aren't you bothered that we're just flying through space on a little dot amongst billions of other planets???" I recently have tried to keep my mind on the "small stuff" because I get treated like i'm a "bit mad" all the time. THE BIG PICTURE is what I like to call it. Maybe our brains are wired differently than others and we may be more "spiritually" connected to the energies of the universe. This would be a good post to place in the "religion and spirtuality" forum. Sometimes I think the reason I get so depressed is because I CAN see the bigger picture - alot of life is so stupid and pointless, people rushing about for what reason?? It's stupid, everyone should just slow down and realise we're just blips flying through space on a litlle blue and green planet and so what if you don't get to that meeting on time?? Will it matter what you eat for lunch today? In the words of Elizabeth Wurtzel who wrote a great book on depression called "Prozac Nation" : "everything is plastic and we're all gonna die". ! Prozac Nation is a great book about depression, she is a depressive who sees deeply too. I think most depressives are. As for intution, it can serve you very well but sometimes you need to think rationally too, balance things out a bit or you'll go mad. Oh well, we're already mad, LOL! (Or more likely we're the sane ones and everybody else is mad! That's my gut feeling! ) :coophaha: :flirt:

Haha thanks for the reply, both of you. I will definitely have to read that book! Yeah I wonder if everyone is mad and we are the sane ones. Makes me mad thinking about it :notify: