Schema Focused Cbt

jennilaura83

Hi, has anyone tried this? Has it worked out for you? Did it help compared to ordinary short-term CBT? Had you tried and felt frustrated with mindfulness techniques/self-help CBT previously?

I'm going to start some schema focused CBT when my meds start working with full effect in a month or so. I'm Dx'd with Moderate/Severe depression and anxiety as well as a personality disorder (Psych doesn't want to elaborate/formally Dx). I'd love to hear from anyone going through schema focused CBT as to what to expect and whether it has helped with your problems.

I've never heard of schema focused CBT, but I do know i got very annoyed with mindfulness. I found it stupid and trivial. I told my therapist never to suggest it again haha. Maybe it will be a bit better for me in the future, but right now I can't do it.

My first therapist had me do mindfulness and CBT. The CBT might have worked better if he'd worked with me more on it. He was a lot more interested in mindfulness, though, and while I found it a bit helpful, it is also frustrating because it is not a quick fix. And I couldn't do it either until my meds kicked in.

As for schema CBT, my second therapist had me do a schema assessment. She then talked about it at our next session but never brought it up again. No idea why.