Feel Like Being Alone

Crayboy25

These days, I always feel like being alone. I'm extremely easy to irritate as of recently and I find everyone to be plain annoying. However, when I'm alone, I feel extremely sad and yearn for human contact...I can't make out anything and i feel so depressed cause of this

Dear Crayboy25,

Welcome to the Depression Forum...I am glad you are here. Sorry you are going through so much anxiety. You might want to check with your doctor if you haven't already, sometimes meds are helpful.

The forum is a great place to express your feelings without having to deal with people face to face which has helped me a great deal. I often prefer to talk to people this way because it is non-threatening and I can stop when I get tired or cannot handle the situation. I often feel like there is too much external stimulation, everything also irritates me and people are so noisy and relatively ignorant...sometimes it is unbearable to the point where I have to go sit in a dark room. When I was 3/4 years old my Grandmother used to sit in a dark room with the door open while we were in the main room and we had to be quiet ... now I think I understand. I have a relative that cannot stop talking, it seems like some kind of nervous disorder. I can only tolerate her when I am on medication and in the right mood.

I am sure if you look around and read different posts you will be able to relate to something and find useful information on this site. There are so many nice regulars on this forum. I always tell people take what you want and leave the rest, whatever works for you. Bottom line, you are not alone.

Please keep coming back and posting.

I feel exactly the same. I've found the internet to be somewhat inbetween the two, almost a compromise. I still feel very worried that I will reply too quickly, too slowly, insult the person, etc. Ultimately, I have no answer. It' just something we'll have to live through I suppose. If you find the answer then be sure to tell us :) I won't say much more or I'll probably become depressing. Sorry for the pointless post, I just wanted to show some support. Good luck.

Guest NotYet

I feel the same way. I don't see it as a contradiction exaclty because its not that you don't want any human contact and its not that you really want to be alone, its just that you want to be left alone by most people. In my experience, most people are annoying. I'm lucky because I have a good friend that isn't annoying. I have a very hard time making new friends because when I reach a certain level of annoyance I will withdraw from that particular social circle. The past few years I haven't even been trying to make new friends because I keep following the same pattern.

I think what we need are certain people that understand our perception. Most people don't so we feel alienated by them.

I feel being alone is the worse thing for me. I find being around people and socializing, gives me a break from my negative thoughts. It takes my mind off of me and I focus on other people.and what they have to say.

Today, I spent two hours interacting with people and felt so much better. :party:

I can definitely relate to what you are feeling. I don't know how you feel about yourself, but in my case I self loathe quite a lot, and that makes the double edged sword even sharper. When I do attempt to see friends or be social in some way, I usually end up feeling even worse about myself and becoming even more frustrated. Even though I feel a bit better about attempting to be social, it doesn't make up for the pain. Then when I sit here home alone, I become very frustrated with myself for not trying to seek people out.

If possible, I would suggest trying to reach out to the people you are most comfortable with. I know you say most people have been irritating you, but if you have a close friend or relative, I would try and make some time to hang out/talk with them. It's not really a solution, but it would be a step toward hopefully making you feel a little bit better. I know it's hard, trust me.