Are You A Lone Wolf?

Categea

When someone you know asks how you are, you'd rather not even reply.

You don't bother talking about menial crap, and loathe people who do.

You push away from those who you know, because you know it's better off alone.

You never really understood the social thing anyway.

How about you? Are you a lone wolf?

Guest NotYet

Yes I am a lone wolf. I understand bits of the social thing but not a lot of the posturing and skull duggery. It's nice to share useful information and experiences with others but I don't care for ego battles. I also tend to get tired of people who can't see beyond their own daily lives.

I'd rather someone be brutally honest with me and hurt my feelings rather than drop hints I won't notice for the sake of "politeness" or whatever. I really don't think people drop hints to be polite. I think its because our culture has devolved to shun criticism.

No offense, but why would a lone wolf look for other lone wolves? Isn't being alone the point? What you describe doesn't sound like "lone wolf" behavior. It's sounds like "depressed" behavior. Despising social hypocrisy is one thing, but sneering at genuine attempts to be social and pushing people away sounds like depression. Just my two cents.

Hahaha. It's funny you say that Arthur. Wolves have hunting instincts. They hunt in packs but also like to go solo and search on their own for a while. So being alone does make some sense, but it also encourages the wolf to go out and survive on it's own or seach out those of it's own kin. Interesting, isn't it? =)

Hi there NotYet, ArthurP, Every and Rattler6!

@Arthur, even Wolves howl to signal where they are to each other, and I am curious who else is. I won't deny much of it is depression related, why else would I ask this here...

_If my post came across a bit strong, well... it was just me trying to colourize it in the depressed end of the scale, usually the time when you question these things the most._

Definitely! :smile: And it's a good thing. I've always been lone wolf cause the social settings just make me confused and uneasy. It's not that I dislike people don't get me wrong, just prefer the alone time most of the time.

But there is the other side of the coin and everyone need someone in their time of misery and pain. It's good to have a loyal friend, or someone else who understand you, around. I didn't learn that until just now. It was a blessing to have understanding people near me when I had nervous breakdown, even though I have failed some friendships in the past and those people aren't around anymore.

Sorry if this too much venting, didn't mean to :sheep:

No I'm not. Last year I was but since I'm back in school I've managed to make new friends and it's great. I use to push everyone away because I just wanted to be alone but it only made me more ill.. I've found a few great friends now who are pretty easy to talk with and who I can hang out with. It really makes my day if a friend tells me I helped them out. It makes me feel valuable and it also makes me realize I'm not the only person with problems, they might not have a depression but they still have there things as well. I don't know, for me letting friends into my life really did something good for me. I just don't have time to constanly busy with my own issues anymore. I still like my alone time but it's like 50/50 now. Last year I really wanted friends and now I have them again! It's nice :)  

Edited by Broken_girl

Thanks for sharing @Onelightburning, and @Broken_girl.

It only gets harder when you leave school, when you are not around as many people to make friends.

After a few years... five, six, more... you resign yourself that you likely will be one forever and a day, until you expire.

When someone you know asks how you are, you'd rather not even reply.

You don't bother talking about menial crap, and loathe people who do.

You push away from those who you know, because you know it's better off alone.

You never really understood the social thing anyway.

How about you? Are you a lone wolf?

I never thought i was, but Im actually EVERYTHING you just listed. Hmmmm.

Guess I am!

Is that such a bad thing though? I hate the fakeness of so many friendships, and people pretending to enjoy doing thing, and going places just because other people do.