Make It Thru The Day

screenman

I'm self employed & spend alot of time at home- Lately I have way to much time on my hands-

It seems like everday day is just the same ol thing- Not to mention now I have a sinus infection I've had for a week... I've got a bad case of cabin fever- If you stay home alot what do you do to pass the time?

I love watching movies - so I rent DVDs and watch and sleep. If in the mood I go driving up north into the mountains - I live in the New England area.

P.S.

And I am on DF - reading and answering posts :)

Edited by addict1968

I try to go out for a walk and get some fresh air every day. Some days I am motivated enough to do yoga or some other exercise.. I listen to relaxation tapes and read my CBT books.

One of the main things I do is spend time on DF reading and responding to posts.

If the weather is nice I do bit of gardening and I love reading so I always have a book next to me.

Not sure if any of this is any help. I am going back to work full time very soon, but otherwise I think I might have tried to learn something, perhaps a language.

Meirionne

Screenman,

I'm on disability so I spend a lot of time at home too. I'm with Meirionne, I try to get out for a walk every day (I have a dog so I don't have much of a choice there!). I also enjoy TV, I try to stick to the sitcoms, although I'm going to be heartbroken when "House" and "Desperate Housewives" come to an end this season. I also hang out here as it's great for support if I'm having a bad day and try to feel like I'm helping someone if I'm having a not-so-dark day. I also enjoy yardwork and actually feel glad when my grass gets long enough to mow! Maybe it's because it's too hard to think over the noise of the lawnmower! I'm looking forward to planting flowers but even with the unseasonably warm weather we had here in March, the freezing temps are being a pain about disappearing for good so I can plant! I also enjoy yard sales, most of my home is furnished with used and refinished furniture, plus I have a son who is always outgrowing his clothes!

P.S. I hope you get over your sinus infection soon...it's sucks to be too sick to feel like doing anything!

Edited by taysmom1016

I was home for a year and a half but I'm in college again. Anyways when I was home I use to spend a lot of time on cooking and baking, it are my true passions and the things that really make me happy. I also like to watch DVDs of my favourite comedy series to make me laugh.. And when the sun is shining I definitely try to go outside because it's good to have a bit of fresh air..

Edited by Broken_girl

I do different things at home to try and pass the time. When I wake up in the morning, I'm not motivated enough to get out of bed because I despise what the day has in store for me. Usually I end up getting out of bed at about 12 or 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I listen to music quite consistently throughout the day as well as watch television shows such as 'Big Bang Theory' or Wrestling (WWE/TNA) to try and make the day pass. Of course, I also go on the internet to go through work or post on this forum.

Yeah, same ol' thing. I'd usually attempt to get some fresh air outside and remind myself that there's a world out there, but due to depression and social anxiety, it's hard to get inspired.

I am an avid gardener, and I also make quilts. Any form of sewing, like knitting and stuff can really help to pass the time. And the fact that you are a guy doesnt' make any difference! There are a lot of male knitters and quilters out there! LOL!

i, too, am home a lot. often my trips to the thrift shops are to just get out of the house, but then i end up buying stuff just to make myself feel better. of course then you end up with way too much stuff, & you still feel just as pathetic.

often i just don't have the ambition to do much of anything. i used to look forward to summer so much since i'd go camping a lot, but it's getting harder & harder to find people who actually want to camp - so the warming of the weather almost scares me. (i've camped alone but it's just not the same as with another person or other people.)

during winter, i watch a lot of movies (netflix or whatever), but now i end up just going kind of stir crazy. then i start thinking about how my life sucks, how nothing ever changes, etc.... i honestly often can't even force myself to go out the door.

i just joined this site, & already i'm just complaining, but i guess that's my life story.

sorry.. were you looking for ideas of stuff to do to pass the time? guess i'm not helping!