Sign in to follow this  
screenman

Feeling Alone

Weekends are bad for me... I have more time on my hands & it gives me time to think how really alone I am... I spend way to much time by myself... I see couples walking by holding hands etc. & it makes me think will I ever meet a nice girl & brake this tormenting lonelines... I sound really pathetic now... but its true- How about you are you alone in this big world? What do you do about it?

I feel exactly the same as you. In a way, and this must sound mad, but I actually can't wait for the Easter holidays to end so that I can return to tech (or technical college, to those in America). Keeping busy sort've shadows the depression for a brief time during the weekdays. The weekends are absolutely terrible for me. I spend all day in my house when I want to be out there...doing something. With no big friends also, I have no one to speak to. When I see people hanging about and looking like they're having a generally good time, it really gets to me. It's like something is eating me up inside.

I have felt more alone as of recently. I have spent so many weekends alone at the house and so decided to break free by doing things in the city more. This time the loneliness has been creeping up on me. I do not think that I can really do much alone anymore, yet I do not have the energy or motivation to really participate in activities like I have done in years past. I used to volunteer a lot and it opened me up to a lot of people and potential friendships. I got numbers and contacts but I couldn't maintain friendships because of my anxiety/depression at the time. If you are ready to meet new people and are motivated, you should definitely find group activities that you enjoy during your free weekends. Don't make meeting your spouse your goal or priority, just enjoy being alive, applying yourself, and doing something you like with like-minded people.

I am married and have a daughter but I feel so lonely. My depression makes me isolate myself, I retreat into myself and dissasociate.

At the moment I feel wretched, lonely and anxious but I have DF for which I am very grateful.

I know exactly how you feel. I had to move back in with my parents, and apart from going to classes two days a week, I don't leave my house. So I definitely get how alone you feel, right now I'm feeling pretty hopeless myself. For some reason I treat finding love as a fix-all, even though I know it won't be. You have to remember that adding someone romantically linked to you creates more stress, it's almost like you're responsible for two peoples happiness in a relationship, you have to think of them in everything. I'm trying to focus on getting better myself before going off and trying to find love. Things will get better, for both you and me. Take it a day at a time, deep breaths, all of that cliche crap.

Feel free to message me if you need some extra support <3

I feel so alone myself. I've never gone out with a girl in my life, but I'm hoping for the best and that I'll meet someone who really connects with me and loves me in the same fashion as I do.

Thanks for the kind words... They really do help when I'm feeling down...

I hope that in the near future we all kind find someone or something to ease

the pain...