My name is Jolene. I am from Pennsylvania.

I have been having trouble with depression and anxiety for a while, but especially since they cut my hours at my main job and not giving me hours at my other job. PHEAA is also garnishing my wages because I don't make enough money to pay back my student loans. I have been looking for a job in computer science for 6 years, and there are none that want less than 5 years of experience in the field and all kinds of crazy qualifications. I am very frustrated and discouraged, and I worry that I won't be able to live on my own anymore and will have to live with my parents. I have been trying to find a job, but it seems like nobody wants to hire me, especially since I still want to work at my main job. I really don't want to quit my main job because it is a few blocks away from me, and I get low cost health insurance. After a knee injury 2 years ago, I worry that something bad will happen if I do not have the health insurance. I also don't have a driver's license or a car so my job choices are limited. :( Another thing that doesn't help is that I am not good with job interviews. I always get so nervous and probably don't do the best job ever. =/

I have been trying to find a psychiatrist, but it seems to be very difficult to get one around here! I may have to go to a psychologist, even though I think I need meds because my symptoms are severe and getting out of my control. My symptoms tend to get much worse at night! I actually found this forum because I googled to see if other people have trouble with depression and anxiety at night. :o Apparently it is a common thing!

It bugs me because I seemed fine mentally until my hours were cut. After my hours were cut, I slowly went more and more downhill mentally. I am also worried because my main job is making us change our uniforms majorly. I just bought new clothes and a new pair of shoes a few months ago, and now I have to buy an entirely new wardrobe! I am very upset because I do not have the money. I can only afford to buy and wear clothes until they start falling apart. I don't even get fancy clothes. My stores of choice tend to be stores like K-mart and Wal-mart. =/

Thanks for listening! I would appreciate any advice. I'm going through such a rough time the past month and a half. =/

Hello. Welcome to the forums. I am recently new as well, and have found this place to be very helpful and supportive. Like you I have a job I like to stay at because I get low cost health insurance and it's relatively close to where i stay. But I am always broke. Every time I have some cash saved up, something happens and I have to give it away. I live between my parents and my school and I fear that I won't be able to graduate because of my depression and anxiety. I fear finding myself in a situation where I'm paying on loans for an uncompleted education or getting wages garnished. Even though you're situation is much different than mine, i feel as if i can empathize with you. I am a wreck in job interviews and ny symptoms seem to be much worse at night too. You are not alone in this.

I wish I could offer some advice, but the only advice someone in my position can really offer is keep seeking a psychiatrist or professional that can help you with your depression, find a well-deserved support system, and keep visiting here because everyone is just so supportive and and very empathetic here. I've made a few friends who are not so different than myself and help me feel better about what I'm going through.

So, Welcome! Best wishes!

Hi Jolene, welcome to DF!

It's understandable that you want to keep your main job. I've always wondered why certain fields require an amount of experience that you could only get if they'd hire you in the first place. How is that supposed to work? I hope that you can work in computer science one day anyway.

You could go to your GP and ask if they can refer you to a psychiatrist. I think that many of us have worse symptoms at night, you will find quite an amount of topics on that.

Please take a look around and make yourself comfortable. People are very supportive here.