Sign in to follow this  
Noah

What Cheers You Up?

I was in the middle of one of my stormy cloud/depressive epsiodes and for some reason decided to search on youtube "panther". I love animals very, very much and my favourite animals are cats. Upon this search I stumbled across a youtube channel "BigCatRescue". This channel posts educational/cute/funny videos all about this safe sanctuary for big/wild cats that nurse them back to health/ keep them safe from pochers.

The video I came across first was an educational video about Panthers and how the black panther has never been proved to actually exist.

This video was very interesting and was very cute :3

I then started to scan over some of there other videos and before I knew it I had watched almost all of them.

One video in particular made me so happy I shed some tears. I felt a really warm tingling feeling in my chest and it made me actually smile to see these beautiful animals happy and being looked after :')

So i'm interested to know, what cheers you up?

Share your responses, I am interested to hear.

<3

Hi,

My puppy cheers me up because she hasnt a care

in the world except to love me. Also I have a great

husband who cheers me up (unless he is stressed in

which case it can actually make me anxious too).

best wishes,

starr

Noah,

I've read a few of your posts and I'm so glad you are feeling better! YouTube helps me out too, I love Jeff Dunham, the ventriliquist, and Larry the Cable Guy. On nice days I put my iPod on and tune in to some old time rock and roll or Metal ballads (my favs, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Skid Row, yes, I'm old) and take my dog for a long walk. At night I try to stick to funny TV shows (I don't even know if they have the same ones in Australia as we do in the US) like Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother as opposed to depressing cop shows or hospital shows.

Starr, I agree with the puppies who don't have a care in the world except to love. Mine's like that too. We just got back from a walk (which means her barking at the kids on the playground) and now she's sleeping at my feet. She's so easy to please, unlike my son who would be LOST without his xBox....

I have a folder in my 'bookmarks' on my web browser called 'funny and cute' for funny websites, like the one which is lots of photos of autocorrect mistakes (d*** you autocorrect!), or also there is a website just of cats on miniature furniture, like cat sized chaise-longues...er...whatever makes you smile!

My safe place! It's actually something that my Dr taught me... It goes like this...

Imagine that I am in a room...

What do I like to see in the room? (Greeny things and flowers, natures)

What do I like to smell in the room? (Fresh Air)

What do I like to hear in the room? (Sounds of waves)

What do I like to touch? (A puppy!)

What do I like to taste? (Oranges)

So my safe place are full with greeny things, near the beach, has fresh air and air conditioner, a puppy! and oranges to taste... Whenever I am very emotional or feel bad, I will enter to the safe place and lock the door, keeping all those emotions outside and enjoy my time in the room.. ^^

My husband cheers me up. He knows what's up when I need to ask for a hug, and he holds me until I calm down. I feel ridiculously safe in his arms, as cheesy as that sounds.

Also, there's a certain anime I watch that cheers me up everytime, because it's so silly and laid back.

Sometimes crocheting helps, because of the repetitive motions.

Also, being warm. If I get warm and comfy I fall asleep inmediately.

My little nieces and nephews cheer me up with the silly things they do and say.

Watching Spongebob also makes me giggle

Listening to music especially my fave Morrissey

Making things and being creative

-A couple weeks ago I saw those "21 pictures that will restore your faith in humanity", that was intense. It's difficult for me to cry (see the topic in Depression Central) but I definitely did a little bit. Hint: Humans saving animals make us look AWESOME.

-Dancing alone to upbeat music when no one is around.

-Seeing my grandparents. Only family members who cheer me up to see.

-Watching reruns of 30 Rock and Seinfeld episodes I've seen at least five times each.

Hoping you enjoy Morrisey LadyM :)

There are times when I'm unable to appreciate most things but it doesn't last for very long (Thankfully)

Bringing a smile to my face are those giggling babies/toddlers on you tube.

Watching other people laugh uncontrollably, will start me laughing too.

A breathtaking moment or sight/view

My dogs reaction on my return from somewhere

sharing others happiness makes me smile.

Watching what I call comedy horrors. The absolutely badly made horror movies like Attack of the killer tomatoes and Mega Piranha. They have me in hysterics. I only watch them when I have had an exceptionally bad day and I need a laugh.

Hoping you enjoy Morrisey LadyM :)

There are times when I'm unable to appreciate most things but it doesn't last for very long (Thankfully)

Bringing a smile to my face are those giggling babies/toddlers on you tube.

Watching other people laugh uncontrollably, will start me laughing too.

A breathtaking moment or sight/view

My dogs reaction on my return from somewhere

sharing others happiness makes me smile.

Thanks ranter :yay: