How Is Everyone Doing On Df?

I haven't been doing too well. When I'm at home I get bored to death, but when I am at school I feel so overwhelmed with everything I have to do. To make matters worse, I don't have any close friends in my life that I get to see often, and the one girl that I used to consider my only "close friend" no longer talks to me. She has made new friends and now rarely acknowledges my presence. She was literally my entire reason for living last semester, but she never realized how important she was to me, so that's probably why she found it rather easy to simply move on to other friends.

Well good news! My pdoc said I can take the stimulants every morning. I've been taking them since Monday and BOY do I feel good. I had forgotten what it's like to actually feel awake and alert during the day. This is like magic and I am starting to really think that I could get my life back on this med. :)

Hi everyone.

I have been doing pretty well. Some of you may know (but probably most don't) that I struggle with a food and alcohol problem, but I have been making really good progress with cutting back with both! It has been hard, but I have been able to control myself. Now I know that I CAN do it. If I can do it, anyone can, with whatever your struggle may be.

Never give up. Life is good. We just sometimes have to rediscover that goodness again! It's always there - we just can't see it sometimes.

:hugs:

Haven't been totally depressed this week as finishing my assignments have kept me busy. I'm so tired though because I can't see. My mind never seems to stop racing, I finally fall to sleep at a late time and end up only getting about three hours sleep. If it wasn't for going to my tech, I'd want to stay in bed all day. It such a challenge. I fear the weekend when I'll be in my house all day doing nothing, and having no friends to talk to. For some reason, I just know my depression will kick in then.

Well, I just found out that the college I applied to denied my application :( . My transfer GPA is too low from when I dropped out of college ten years ago. Kids let this be a lesson to you, stay in school if you possibly can! *sigh*

Doing okay for the most part. Have some family members and friends with health concerns that I'm worried about, but so far I'm handling it. Today I had a couple of really positive things happen to me at work, so that's good. And when I start to slide, I've been working on the stuff I've learned in therapy to try to hang on. So far so good.

I've hit a low that made my therapist who didn't think I need meds suggest maybe I try them and even call her between appointments. Now I'm going to get in bed and possibly cry myself to sleep and hopefully this headache that I woke up with and never left me all day, will be gone in the morning.

Feeling crappy, but I went to the doctor today, and finally got a diagnosis and have been put on citalopram. It's such a relief to have this. I don't know what she called my depression though... it was a type that began with an 'a', but it wasn't atypical. She said since it's the type where there are periods I get a bit better, but am never able to get into a good mood or enjoy things, it has a different name. If anyone knows what type she's talking about that would be nice.

But woo! Now I just have to worry about taking these pills and how to tell my girlfriend.