Disconnect

There was an issue two days ago where, bereft, I sank a little. Since then it's felt like it got worse, not better, which I didn't notice until I realized I hadn't spoken to anyone today more than physically required (in total, no more than a minute) and haven't been able to focus on something big that's been coming up - or even worry, and right now I should be frantic. Usually, when I faze out, it's not nearly this thorough, and it's starting to scare me a little. For goodness's sake, I've been debating for the last four hours if it's worth getting up to shower, deciding I should work a bit, and then not doing so. Even the repetitive phrasings I get stuck in my head when I'm like this are beyond me. Does anyone possess the necessary metaphorical jolt to get me back into the anxiety I'm used to?

While I don't have the necessary metaphorical jolt for you, I can relate to your condition. I have had "numb" days due to the meds but then it passes. Can understand how it starts to feel scary when you have no emotions at all but then just take it a day or an hour at a time. Are you on any meds? You will return to your anxiety levels - just hang in there ....

Take care,

Hi Tatterdemalion

Perhaps try and watch a movie or something that may make you think, something like a thriller or a 'who done it' movie, also perhaps music may help?

Trace

Listened to an hour and a half of lectures after the thriller freaked me out, and I don't remember listening, but the material is very clear now, and I got three hours of sleep, so I feel fairly better. Thank you! Of course, now I have something huge to do today...

best of luck to you on doing your huge thing today...i guess sometimes life forces us into action whether we want it or not.

this sounds trite, but, if i pretend that someone is coming over to my house for a visit(which is rare, really), then it motivates me to clean. or take a shower, etc... otherwise, forget it.

metaphor, hmm..how about...batten down the hatches, hoist your flag and raise it up,...all hands on deck, spring into action,...think of your day as charged with electricity...bite the bullet...

hope your day goes well.

I like you pic, Newbie!

The saying about the day being electrical is entertaining - I can pretend I share charge whenever I touch someone. I still feel pretty weird, but since everything important is done, I can take some time. Thank you for the help, and while I hope this doesn't happen again, I know what to do now.