Your Clothing Style?

Firework

Yep most boys here wear trainers as well although I do know a lot of fashionable guys though! Just a jeans and a nice blouse our t-shirt is fine though haha. Well yeah it's great having a lot of choice lol, I can't imagine havingto wear flat shoes always although most guys obviously can't imagine wearing heels haha.

lol at least you seem to know decent people with a (from the sounds of it) good dress sense! Thanks to people over here, I actually despise tracksuits with a passion. No offence if any of y'all ever wear them, but if you lived here under my circumstances you'd surely understand.

Planning my clothes for tech tomorrow. Black skinnies, black flat shoes, black or white shirt while wearing a red/black checked shirt sounds good. Must get my red studded belt too! Punk style haha.

I'm probably not the best person to ask since I'm only a seventeen year old guy, but I'll contribute. I like the thought of your hair down, as I seem to prefer woman's hair that way at times, though curly and put in a knot would be fine also. Necklace being worn seems sufficient to me anyways if I'm picturing this right lol and it doesn't really matter for me if it's pearl earrings or stones, they're both good. Again, I'm probably not the best option for advice on this, but I tried :).

I couldn't imagine to feel how stressful that would be. Good luck for it!

Thanks, Firework! I look kind of young for my age - can get away with tight jeans and tops - but to a 17 year old I´m probably a granny. LOL. You did really well and I love your advice. The thing with the pearls is that I´ve always thought pearls are either for very young girls or elderly women. I´m thinking stones and a matching necklace. No scarves. I´m really happy with the outfit. :)

Hmmm. If I'm not too late, I'd say if you have a simple pearl necklace, that with pearl earrings would be the way to go with the outfit combo you mentioned. As for your hair, other than asking which way you feel most comfortable with it and saying go with that, I'd say maybe down and curly with one side clipped with a simple black or pearl comb or barrette. If you don't have pearl necklace then I'd say go with a necklace and stone earrings that are complementary to each other.

Knock em out!!!! :)

Best wishes.

Onmyown, thanks a lot for your advice. I´m going to try to my hair down with a black comb with stones on one side. Great idea. I have a really nice one and matching bracelets. I´m going to have stone earrings and a matching necklace.

Thank you both for your concern, I´ll tell you how it went when the party is over. I´m normally not so insecure, but meeting two exes with dates and me going solo will be challenging. In any case, I want to look my best.

Yep most boys here wear trainers as well although I do know a lot of fashionable guys though! Just a jeans and a nice blouse our t-shirt is fine though haha. Well yeah it's great having a lot of choice lol, I can't imagine havingto wear flat shoes always although most guys obviously can't imagine wearing heels haha.

lol at least you seem to know decent people with a (from the sounds of it) good dress sense! Thanks to people over here, I actually despise tracksuits with a passion. No offence if any of y'all ever wear them, but if you lived here under my circumstances you'd surely understand.

Planning my clothes for tech tomorrow. Black skinnies, black flat shoes, black or white shirt while wearing a red/black checked shirt sounds good. Must get my red studded belt too! Punk style haha.

Haha well yeah I do know quiet some ppl who dress good but I also know a lot who don't. In the end it doesn't really matter of course. If someone is comfortable with his style it's good! I'm sure there ppl as well who don't like how I dress but I can care less about that because I am the one who has to feel comfortable.

Just bought a black buttoned shirt (just like a white shirt you'd wear to school or whatever) with a black 'skinny tie'. Really suits me haha!

Also got my hair cut, and the 'Deryck Whibley' electrifying chop is now goin' strong! lol.

Edited by Firework

• 3 weeks later...

Now summer is coming, what are you all thinking about?

It´s so much fun looking for a summer wardrobe. Either to use something old and change it with accessories.

I´m thinking maxi dresses, they´re all the rage. I want a beautiful green and black dress with white knitwear and white tights and a yellow sundress with a purple cardigan.

I got a gift card to Sport Chalet, a sports store similar to d**k's. In recent years mesh has become much more popular, it seems. It's not confined to basketball jerseys. G9 is a great brand of meshy shirts, tanks, shorts, and other sports clothes. I reckon I'll get at least another pair of shorts. I have been wearing shorts more and more. Either basketball shorts or other shorts.

Right now, I just have on a pair of gold (khaki?) trousers and a light gray Michigan State gymnastics t-shirt.

Also, I went to a college baseball game nearby the other day and bought myself a sports-specific baseball-style cap (softball team). I'm not sure how long you all keep hats, but my other four baseball-style caps are going on 4 years old. They were 4 for 20 at a Walmart. Pitt, Penn State, Oklahoma, and Syracuse. The PSU one is lost now, but the others have held up pretty well and are comfy. But it just seems like time.

I was actually thinking about summer wear yesterday lol. At the moment, I'm wanting this black zip up hoody with a skull emblem on it to go along with army shorts and converse. Would love to wear skater socks (preferably with skulls on them too) with that! I recently bought a red/black striped shirt to fit my style so I'm guessing that would look well with army shorts and skater socks too. Just anything to fit my 'punk' image really. Certain badges (with skulls and band logos on them and such) will be bought to place onto shirts like my black buttoned up one, my white shirt and whatever shirt. That would look really well with a skinny tie, so I'm buying more of them along with more studded belts (coloured).

I'm also looking at black shorts and just anything black to go along with that and skater socks (yes, I LOVE skater socks!). I'm thinking this would also look well on me if I decide to dye my hair black over the summer. Thinking of buying products to try and get rid of my SI scars so that I can wear short sleeved shirts without any hassle but unfortunately I don't think that'll happen.

I don't really wear them out and about and would more or less just wear them when I'm sitting in the house or whatever but a sports shop over here has finally decided to start selling NBA jerseys plus I want my football team's new shirt.

More TUK shoes will be needed too. If/when I go to see the new Batman movie in the summer, I'll be buying batman converse, Batman shirt, Batman hoodie and Batman skater socks LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for bumping the thread but I just have to type out somewhere that I've spotted a red/black striped long sleeved jumper which I've been searching for what feels like forever LOL. Couldn't find it anywhere online either so I'm glad that I've found it somewhere!

Going to order some musical t-shirts in the next few days. I've found an awesome white Sum 41 shirt and I've seen a nice Green Day shirt too. Now I can show people that I like those bands everywhere LOL. Also looking at buying a waist coat soon (think of the waist coats which rock stars would wear LOL) and putting badges on that to give it a really cool look. Tophats (again, what rockstars would wear) seem to be coming into fashion over here, so I want to buy one to place badges on that too. That would look really nice with a white shirt, waist coat (with badges), black skinny jeans, black shades, perhaps a light scarf and either original converse or TUK shoes.

Still looking for different skater socks however rather than just plain black socks. Looking at buying some pin-strip trousers too, just if I'm going out for a meal with family or anything. Nowhere whatsoever seems to be selling black shorts over here :(. I could do with those for summer LOL. I'm also looking at purchasing chains to put on my shorts. Wouldn't mind buying some bandanas also to stitch onto shorts and baggy jeans!

My skater sock days are over... didn´t even know they were hot now. I had chain socks from the late Eighties, still keep them. :)

I´m getting one of those white and orange striped cardigan - little bit like the old sports sweaters. It will go great with my shorts. I love wearing tights in all the colors of the rainbow underneath the shorts, so it´s kind of sad it´s warm. Lol.

What I really want is a maxi-dress or a maxi skirt. I´m not sure what kind.

My skater sock days are over... didn´t even know they were hot now. I had chain socks from the late Eighties, still keep them. :)

I´m getting one of those white and orange striped cardigan - little bit like the old sports sweaters. It will go great with my shorts. I love wearing tights in all the colors of the rainbow underneath the shorts, so it´s kind of sad it´s warm. Lol.

What I really want is a maxi-dress or a maxi skirt. I´m not sure what kind.

My skater sock days have only just begun! lol

That's all cool. Something else I need is both a black and grey flex fleece hoodie just to wear over random t-shirts when I'm out and about. Also need some wrist wear. I'm looking at studded wrist wear (ala studs from a studded belt). Wouldn't mind something with stars on it or something.

Theh grey hoodie sounds great, I like them too and have about three.

Check the wrist wear with leather, strings and some bling, it´s kind of cool for younger guys. I bought one from Amazon for my male friend, but he is in his forties and it´s not a cool look for him. Those sort of wristwear goes great for guys with ponytails, gothic types and the romantic type. The 19th century man!

I found the Maxi skirt I want, they are great this summer! I saw this amazing fuchsia sheer skirts, there is a skirt underneath that goes just above the knee so it´s totally respectable. Would be great on heels, but I´m tall, so boots will do.

I´m stocking up on light frocks and shorts, I´m taking my 14 year old to see the Harry Potter garden in Florida in September, can´t wait to explore Hogwarts and buy cool stuff there. But I´m taking the maxi skirt with me for long, hot evenings and for the bar. Another single mom friend is coming with us with her 13 year old son, they can exchange wizard games and compete on broomsticks. :)

So, at Sport Chalet, I bought some Nike grey mesh shorts and an Under Armour mesh tee, olive with lime accents. I'm getting overloaded with clothes. I need to donate. I'm going on a trip to Indianapolis soon, and am attending a minor league baseball game there, which will likely result in at least a tee,if not a jersey. I will have one full day to putz around, and might go to the Pacers team store and see about getting some nice shorts or pants (mesh, I'm sure. It's a big thing).

So the first few posts mentioned purple converse... and soi feel like I have to mention I have a pair lol! They're not high top, just... plain ol regular shoes, I didn't even realize at the time converse were trendy or anything, I just wanted purple shoes for once'

Let's see, I'm fairly plain, I guess. I usually wear jeans (or shorts) with a blouse/t-shirt/tank top, depending on weather and what I'm doing that day. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit right, since though I'm not overweight (got a little chub) I'm pretty curvy.

At work I wear slacks, usually gray or black, with a nice blouse. I got a super cute tank for work, cream with a loose ruched neckline and ruched sides with black lace running horizontal. And no sleeves is perfect for summer!

I've been trying to get more clothes that are "me" recently. My mom used to buy my clothes, but I'd have to shop at the stores she wanted to, so I either didn't like the clothes or they fit me terribly. Now that I'm buying my own clothes with my own money I can get what I want, which is fun! I like light, soft, flowy clothes. I love being comfy, yet cute. I love a pair of capris, a pretty camisole, and a light, soft shirt, or a short sleeved sweater. I also have fun pairing together colors, though when push comes to shove I tend to wear neutral or muted colors, since I don't like to stand out.

I went to the mall after work and bought that maxi-skirt! :Coopclapping:

They didn´t have the purple one I saw online, but the one I bought is much nicer and totally affordable. It´s creamy white silk and looks great with black, high heeled boots with studs. I have a black tight top to use with it, because you want to wear something very tight when the skirt is so long.

Can´t wait to find an occasion to wear it, it´s for theatre or receptions. Well, at least I have my skirt.

I love dark clothes, unfortunately, gothic clothes are usually expensive, but I've found a great online shop that sells heavy metal stuff which isn't too expensive. I like cyan too, because it's my favourite colour. But other than that, I prefer black, dark red, purple, dark green... :inlove:. I usually wear jeans and shirt or skirt and shirt.

I love dark clothes, unfortunately, gothic clothes are usually expensive, but I've found a great online shop that sells heavy metal stuff which isn't too expensive. I like cyan too, because it's my favourite colour. But other than that, I prefer black, dark red, purple, dark green... :inlove:. I usually wear jeans and shirt or skirt and shirt.

Same here! haha.

My Sum 41 shirt just came in the post a few days ago. Can't wait to wear that out and about :).

I´m taking advantage of the good weather and have been hanging all my dresses, skirts and tops on my veranda. I´m sorting my wardrobe and discovering lots of stuff I can use and go well together with something else I have.

I saw a waistcoat made of lace at Vero Moda and it would be gorgeous with my black long sleeved T-shirt and my denim mini skirt.

My style is basically whatever is cheap at Walmart or Zellers. Most of my clothes are several years old, and I know nothing about style. "Shirt" and "pants" are the only words in my vocabulary. I can't tell you what kind of shirt I have besides that it's a shirt and what colour it is. Putting clothes on me is like putting lipstick on a pig. I'm born ugly anyway, so clothes aren't going to make a difference.

• 1 month later...

Went on a shopping trip to Belfast the other day with my mum and older brother, and ended up buying a load of things. I found this shop that sells things which are directed in 'my style', which was great lol! I bought both a red/black and white/black checkered hoodies along with a studded belt, high-top converse, studded bracelet and a few band t-shirts (Green Day and Slipknot for those who are interested). Also ended up buying a blue/black lined shirt, for casual wear. Just wish I had bought a few coloured bandanas to stitch onto the back of my black skinnies to suit the shirts which I wear, but oh well, I'm happy with what I bought.

Thinking of bringing back my spiky hair (Deryck Whibley style~!) only dying it black this time (once again, like Deryck Whibley lol). I love Sum 41 lol!

I love the studded bracelet and band t-shirts. I really want a t-shirt of Jim Morrison, white one with light mauve picture of him. I also want the old retro bands like Deep Purple and Velvet Underground.

Caution: If you dye your hair black, it will be agony to get it back to the right color. It comes out orange, but I guess it´s kind of cool too. :)