Sign in to follow this  
Acrowley

Your Most Hated Feeling?

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to ask, what is the kind of... Emotional state?? that you hate the most. What one component of depression would you get rid of, given the choice?

For me, it's a kind of trapped feeling. Like, if I start thinking about life and how I feel and all that stuff, I get a really scary reaction. I feel really scared, and I go crazy. I curl up in a ball if possible, and just try to implode. It's awful, I usually want to rip and hit and scream at myself, but just curl up and breathe deeply until it passes. I feel so scared, because I just keep thinking about how no friendship/relationship is ever going to be enough, because I can see how none of it matters. That's what brings it on, feeling pointless/meaningless/goalless. Do ye ever get this kind of... Hopelessness/helplessness?

Edited by Acrowley

Extreme dsyphoria. The feeling of your soul being sucked out of your chest. The feeling you feel as if you just received the worst possible news in your entire life. Then continue to feel that way for hours or days. It becomes so mentally horrible that it becomes painful. You curl up in a ball in agony with just one wish, that someone would come along and put you out of your misery. (note that no bad news or negative thoughts are required to feel like this)

Edited by Avian86

I think the worst part for me is when something exciting happens or events take a turn for the better in your life but you dont feel any enjoyment out of it. Thats when I feel it the most because people will look at me and say: "such and such event happened the way you wanted, you must be happy?" and all I can do is look at them, smile, swallow hard and say let out a feeble yes. Thats the worst part.

The worst feeling for me is the one that takes place after extreme sadness. I end up feeling nothing except a sort of anger which is calm if that makes, when I feel like that I get scared to be around people as I feel like I could explode and hurt somebody. Not literally. I never told people about it before as I thought they might think that I could be dangerous and put me in an asylum ><

but that might just be stupid I dunno.

My most hated feeling would be feeling like I've been taken advantage of all my life and it will continue for the rest of my life. "Friendships/relationships" have cost me more than I've ever gotten out of them so I guess it's really feeling alone because I can't trust anyone.

That every day takes me futher from any chance of happiness. Everything I do is wrong, no matter how hard I try. Never good enough. Time, Everything i try, Just sets me further and further back. And I feel like it is causing horrible things to happen to the person I love.

Similar to a couple of others who have replied. It's when my depression gets so bad that I think about suicide, but I know that I would never do it because I have read in too many places that people who commit suicide have to reincarnate into the same circumstances. The idea of starting over from square one is too much to risk but being trapped in that horrible place of helplessness is really bad too.

Feeling like I have failed again just by "letting" myself get depressed.

Being incapable of thinking properly, of being myself. Having thoughts that aren't mine.

I am also extremely scared and worried about dying, a lot of the time, but I don't think that's necessarily to do with my depression..

Edited by saria2000

So many many feelings but the most prevalent for me are no desire to do anything and just hating myself for not having any desire to move and worthlessness. Hopelessness and inner hatred of everthing that I am are on the top of the list too.

When I think of the person that I have become....needy and desperate, it makes me sick to my stomach. I have become everything that I loathe in a weak woman.

My worst feeling is the fear of death, after death, not the act of dying; I hate it, yet I feel I should face it, but when I do it is horrible, truly horrible and so I think fuzzy thoughts when I can feel it coming.

Constant irritability and the feeling that you are just basically different from other people no matter what you do and are therefore unable to live a normal life

Guest NotYet

The feeling I hate most is regret. "If only" I'd done something differently then I'd be happier now. It's not specific regrets or even big regrets, just a lot of little roads not traveled. My depression stems from a disease I was born with. It's in my DNA so I never even had a chance to screw up. Even if I lived a perfect life I was still doomed to an inevitable fall. So rather than focus on some big life-altering regret, I focus on little things I wish were different.

Similar to a couple of others who have replied. It's when my depression gets so bad that I think about suicide, but I know that I would never do it because I have read in too many places that people who commit suicide have to reincarnate into the same circumstances. The idea of starting over from square one is too much to risk but being trapped in that horrible place of helplessness is really bad too.

I feel the *exact* same way except I look at this life as you might look at a hard day's work. When the day is done I get to move past it and on to something more pleasant (hopefully). I find suicide very tempting at times but I strongly believe I'll just end up in this situation in another life with slightly different scenery.

My most hated feeling is being suidical and really pondering if it would be worth it. Of course in reality I KNOW it is not the answer but at the time it happens I cannot discern fact from fiction. I also HATE the lethargy and constant tiredness and flaking on people because of how I am feeling. It makes me feel like such a bad person because I DON'T want to be this way but I can't help it. Also, disappointment and lack of motivation to do things I use to love doing. Oh, and let's not forget the lovely "I can't take a shower" feeling.

I hate all my feelings who come with this but I should say the feeling of being valueless. I think that's the worst because it makes me feel like I don't deserve anything good and because of that I tend to push all the good things a away.. I've lost a lot because of feeling like that. I have no self worth anymore, I feel like a very weak unlovable person now.. And in some strange way I even feel like I deserve to feel like that. That I deserve to struggle so much.. So yeah I would say feeling valueless because it's the feeling wich has ruined to most for me :verysad3:

Edited by Broken_girl

The self-hate. If I didn't depise myself I think I could push through the rest a little easier. I could allow myself to feel worthy of love and care. I could enjoy the company of people and places if I could find some self confidence.

Edited by wanderer82

I have two - the lack of feeling I have for the people I love most in the world caused by my depression.

And the feeling that my soul is trying to escape from my body. Exactly what Avian said earlier.

I often feel utterly wretched, like I want to vomit this disease out of myself.