Has Anyone Felt This Way?

livingproof

Has anyone ever felt liek you could never function in society, meaning like it would be etter to just not live than to go through life and face challenges? I mean I'm not suicidal, but sometimes I just wonder, is life worth it? What do you all think?

Even in my darkest times, I think life is worth living. Maybe some things aren't worth doing or some people not worth meeting, but life affords so much beauty, joy, and opportunity. I like to travel, for example. And I am sometimes in awe by scenery or geography alone. As cheesy as it sounds, things like mountains or sunsets sort of makes life grand by putting things into perspective and making my problems subside if for a little while.

Edited by pinto77

Hi livingproof and Welcome.

Interesting post! When going through depression many people get this feeling at the lowest points, including myself. Feeling so down , sucked dry of energy, lack of interest, no or low self esteem, yes I have been definitely there during depression.

Then when you are feeling better after effective treatment it all changes for the positive and you get up and going again. Now the art is to keep going and live the life you truly want.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

I have too. I often think...what's the point in living? Everybody knows that I've lost it.Blah. Blah. Blah. Now, I look at my two kiddos and I remind myself that I have plenty to live for. I no longer want to hurt myself. But I still have the dark thought of worthlessness and being hopeless. Lately, I feel like I've been left behind. Before, I used to be the gal that led the way. Now, I can't even keep up. Procrastination is getting the best of me. I have now realized that I am my worst enemy. Not sure what my next step is..but I'm thinking about it. Spoken like a true MDD. But through it all I still hear my therapist's voice in my ear....It's not going to be like this forever. Right now, I am at the end my rope. And her words are all that I have to hang on to.So, I've tied that knot. And that's what keeps my going until things finally do change. Good Luck.

Yep, I wonder that a lot recently. Its often the first thing I think when I wake up in the morning... well morning might be a stretch I'm basically nocturnal now and don't wake up until 2 or 3. Like you I'm not really considering doing something drastic, its more like, "I wonder if it would be better to sleep through the whole day or maybe not have to wake up at all". Its scary to see that written down but its true. Funnily enough I don't really feel sad or desperate the way I did before, I think I'm "recovering"... looks like I have a ways to go still though.