Sign in to follow this  
screenman

Tinnitus (Ringing In The Ears)

Has anyone ever suffered with this? i've had it for about a month now... during the day its not to bad but at night its worse... its a ringing or buzz sound in the ear-

I've had the same problem for a few years now. Sometimes I notice it, sometimes I don't. Of course, after reading your post, my right ear is buzzing like crazy. Unfortunately, tinnitus is a medical mystery. From a scientific point of view, no one really how or why it happens. I'm sure there are theories about it, but a theory is only an educated guess. From a medical standpoint, nobody knows how to cure it. There are some miracle herbal products that people sell in order to cash in on this disorder, but I always think, if they cured tinnitus then why aren't they on the news? It would be a major breakthrough! I do know that tinnitus is a side effect of certain medications so you may want to look into that.

Tinnitus can be a maddening experience if you focus your attention on it too often. I kind of made friends with mine and accepted it into a part of my life. I'm usually the type of person who scours the internet to find cures for whatever ails me. This problem was just a dead end and I just had to accept it. I hope you find some relief soon

HI screenman, I know how crazy tinnitus can make you feel especially at night when trying to sleep. When I first heard about it I was told that it was a result of hearing damage but this just isn't possible with me because my hearing is very sensitive so I make sure the volume is low on anything or else put on ear protection. Something I have noticed is that the more stressed and agitated I get the louder and longer the ringing in my ears gets. Then sometimes for a few days, a week, maybe even a month it'll stop. So like Shattered Soldier said, it's a bit of a mystery.

I have this problem, but it is usually during nighttime. I notice that sometimes it goes away and others it becomes unbearable. I believe it is due ear damage. I have an aunt with ear problems who shared similar symptoms. I didn´t develop any issuess though.

I also have a high pitch tone which seems like it's in my head, I did read something about this and if you spend alot of time quiet in your own company can trigger off noises in your head, again also a side effect of meds serotonin syndrome.

I've suffered with this for two years, but mine is because I have a brain malformation. It can be really annoying sometmes.

Yes, tinnitus cqan be quite common and many things can cause it. If you have gone to many rock concerts, or listen to headphones real loud, or work around loud noise, such as a jackhammer, those things can cause tinnitus. Some people get it becasue of food allergies,... if that is the case, you would have to try an elimination diet.

I have had tinnitus on and off for over 15 years. For about 5 years, it was horrific and yes it is maddening. Mine was due to Meneire's syndrome, a vestibular (inner ear) disorder. I also have fibromylagia and suffered with chronic fatigue syndrome for years. I hear those disorders can casue it to, so who knows...

Once, I went to a very specialized ENT doctor( the kind that does cochlear implants and the like), they gave me some kind of cortizone injection in my ear... It helped reduce it a little bit for a while, but it came back...

I have yet to find a remedy or a cure for it. For me, at some point it went away on its own.

Edited by govinda

Tinnitus can be a maddening experience if you focus your attention on it too often. I kind of made friends with mine and accepted it into a part of my life. I'm usually the type of person who scours the internet to find cures for whatever ails me. This problem was just a dead end and I just had to accept it. I hope you find some relief soon

My ears have rang 24/7 since 1987 and is drug induced.

It worried me at first, and I thought it was a sign I was losing my mind, but I made the decision early on I wasn't going to let it bother me. I wouldn't say I went as far as making friends with it, but we're on good terms. There is never a minute of the day they aren't ringing, but I don't always notice it and try not to let it bother me.

Mine is a combination of ringing/buzzing in both ears and can best be described as the sound Cicada make when they come out every 13 or 17 years. This happens to be one of the years they're out, and I can never tell if it's my ears or them making that noise. I told someone once that's what it sounded like and he looked at me like I was crazy, so I usually just keep it to myself.

Mine isn't too bad in the morning. It gets worse when I'm tired, and the more tired I am the louder it gets, till sometime I give up and go to bed just to get it to stop. It doesn't happen often, but has gotten to the point of being unbearable and going to sleep was the only way to deal with it.

I live in a large apartment building, so when I listen to music it has to be through earphones/earbuds, and have some nice ones, but rarely listen to them anymore for fear of making it worse. I've seen Lipoflavonoids advertised on TV as a remedy for it lately, but have never tried anything to ease or get rid of it.

Tinnitus is downright awful for a lot of people, myself included. Mine is due to hearing loss. It definitely doesn't help with my depression in fact it makes it way worse. :( I wish there was a cure, I really really do.

Since I was 16 or 17. Really wrecked my ears by playing in a band with no earplugs. Every couple years the ringing will stop for 5 minutes, such beautiful silence, then it goes back to the constant ringing. I always have a fan running so I can fall asleep.

Edited by Bolt_On

I have it, but I've mostly gotten used to it, so I usually don't hear it if I don't think about it. Now I do, of course. Sometimes I near it when I am trying to sleep, I think partially because everything else is quiet.

I think I've always had it, but it's gotten worse after one time I went to a super loud club that made my ears ring like crazy for a week. And I hate clubs, I was just being nice and joining people who asked me to.

Has anyone ever suffered with this? i've had it for about a month now... during the day its not to bad but at night its worse... its a ringing or buzz sound in the ear-

I've had tinnitus for years now.  I first noticed it as a teenager.  Had no idea what it was until I was in science class one day and the teacher taught about it.  I hear the high pitched noises, ringing and buzzing sounds.  I do notice it more when I'm tired or stressed.  It gets really aggravated when I'm sick, especially with a head cold.

I've had it for as long as I can remember. It can be so bad that when I was living in my old apartment building, I would have to open the door to make sure the building fire alarm wasn't alerting.  That is how loud it can sound for me. Like most, it is worse in the evening, when I'm more tired, etc. If I turn on the tv in the morning, I have to immediately put the volume WAY down, because at night, the ringing is louder, so I put the volume on the tv louder. Weird.

For me it switches between sounding like a high-pitched hum and the static of a malfunctioning television screen. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, other times it gets so blatant I'll have trouble hearing other sounds over it.

I have had this problem ever since I was a kid. The ringing always louder in the night, sometimes it was hard to go to sleep. I never took anything for it .

a few months ago I was hit on the side of my head. And now the ringing has become a real high pitch sound . And I am losing my hearing . It is driving me crazy. I got prednisone injections twice in my ear but they didn't work . Still hear high pitch ring and still can't hear to well.I hope you get some relief .