I Know Something Is Wrong But Don't Trust Doctors...

I know something is wrong with me and I'm sick of feeling not only sad but isolated. The problem is though I don't trust doctors and cant bring my self to go see one. I don't want to call it paranoia or a phobia but i don't think my distrust of them is rational. Is there anything i can do on my own or do I just need to suck it up and go see a doctor?

As a fellow libertarian, and a fellow metalhead, let me just say that you have nothing to worry about from doctors, although some are better than others, so investigating your options beforehand may be advisable. Otherwise it's trial and error, and that can be a pain.

Really, though, it just comes down to taking the first step and easing your nerves gradually as you go. It'll get easier once you start seeing progress from it.

Edited by mindspace

I was the same way, if fact, it takes me a great effort to see one even for medical conditions. Last year I had bronchitis and my grandma had to come with me and force me to seek medical treatment. Perhaps you should ask a family member to go with you?