I Wish I Could Cry All The Time

angoisse14

Crying releases tension, so does yelling. Sometimes we go to the beach and just shout and yell to let off pressure. I cry almost daily.....The problem is when I cry 24/7 then I need medicine because I've gone too far the other way. It's about balance.

Yes, after a good long cry I often feel quite a lot better. Sometimes it even feels like I'm "high". :tounge:

There has been speculation that crying triggers a release of endorphins, which is known to cause euphoria. I'm not sure if that's been scientifically confirmed though, and there could be some other mechanism behind it.

Edited by DesertDog

Sometimes it does help. I don't let myself cry easily, but I've been working on this with my therapist, to let myself feel sad when I am sad and to let myself seek comforting. It is interesting, when that happens crying feels like an achievement? but before if I cried it meant I'd lost control so the more I cried, the more upset I got and the more angry I got with myself. That's the complicated world of in-my-head! :blues:

Joining the chorus of everyone who wishes they could cry more often. I used to cry at the drop of a hat, but now that I'm actually depressed I can hardly feel anything at all.

Like shyboots, it would feel like an achievement to cry over sadness, like I'd be able to move on, almost. But I can't do it, the tears won't come. When I'm sad I just lay in bed in the dark, for hours.

Sometimes I cry when I'm stressed out, but that doesn't have the same soothing effect as crying when I'm sad... it just makes my anxiety worse.

Edited by aure

I've been crying every night until quite recently. I'm so depressed now that I can't hardly cry anymore. I struggle to sleep and just lay there, mind racing, thinking about everything. When I cry, I actually feel a lot better after a while.

I honestly haven't cried over sad issues until recently. I'm going through some tangible personal issues right now that are kind of ripping me apart, and I've started to cry semi-often. The only times I cried before this were for emotional moments on TV, which is weird, but shows what kind of weirdo I am. I never cried about my life; I cried over the last game at the old Yankee Stadium in 2008, the series finale of Monk, and Ric Flair's retirement in 2008 from the WWE, but never about personal issues.

Just last week, my friend sensed I was really depressed and asked if I wanted to talk. I decided to, and right before I left the door to my house, I completely broke down crying. I had to stand there for about 5 minutes to regain my composure just so my friend didn't see how bad I was. I NEVER cry in front of anybody, so this is new for me.

It is a nice release, though, especially in my former examples. I appreciate it because it makes me feel like things are still important and still worth fighting for.