I have searched desperately through google for answers and your site always shows up. I put off signing up, but here I am.

So I have been in denial about a lot of things, because admitting is defeating to me because it gives me something to cop out to.

But I can not deny that I am very easily depressed and do not lead a normal life.

I Have an eating & sleeping disorder and anxiety that gets worse as I go on.

My attention span is very low, and it makes me feel very low and down on myself.

My internal conversation is very negative.

I have been more and more suicidal.

This is just the tip of the iceberg but I'll save you the pity party. This has gone on for 7 years and I am now 23.

Overall, just feel mentally sick and would love some support, because I'm not getting it anywhere.

This is me at a high point with strength to post.

I signed up because I need help with medication. I used Remeron 5mg which made me too drowsy and more depressed because I had no strength to move. However, it was the only thing that helped me sleep. Zoloft 50mg did nothing.

So... hello new friends.

Hi and Welcome to DF bksfinest

Reaching acceptance is a huge step forward in managing your depression, anxiety, eating and sleeping disorder. I am so glad that you have reached out and posted.

There are so many meds that you can try and it can often take a while to find the right meds for you. Take a look through the various medication rooms and feel free to join in and ask questions. You will get a ton of support.

We also have an Anxiety Room and an eating disorder room. You will also be able to get info on sleeping disorders in the Other Depressive Health Disorders room.

Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace

I a glad you had a strong day and were able to reach out for support.

The fact you are on here shows that you know you have a problem but that isn't defeat. Defeat is if you let this Chemical imbalance in your brain win and take over your life

People with diabetes have an imbalance in their bodies and use insulin to fix it on a daily basis because they can't make their body produce more. Depression is the same way it just feels different because you can conrtol what it does to you... makes you sad, down, not want to eat... you know those are all things that you can fix. But you don't have to do it on your own. By taking medicine you are simply fixing an imbalance in your brain to make you "normal"

Don't be afraid of asking for help, that is a sign of strength not defeat.

XOXO