Sign in to follow this  
breezin

Really Hate The Lack Of Motivation And Procrastination

My depression had returned a couple of weeks ago. My doctor upped my dose of Effexor XR to 300mg from 225mg and I'm waiting for it to kick in. The thing I hate about feeling this way is the total lack of motivation, the procrastination and lethargy. Things I used to do when I was well and never gave a second thought to, are now very difficult and it takes a great deal to force myself to even go to the store. A bit of rant I know, but as I said I really hate the feeling.

Hi breezin,

I can relate to the difficulty of taking care of chores and activities that seem so easy to do at other times. I encourage you to hang in there and continue to fight to get things done until its no longer such a struggle to take care of your responsibilities. Wishing you the best.

Lindahurt

Hi Breezin,

I want to let you know it does get better. Last week I was in the pits and today I feel terrific. I can do stuff again with minor effort.

I do sympathize with you though. Don't beat yourself up. Do what you can and let the rest go. That is how I handle it.

Good Luck! Hope the effexor kicks in.