Sign in to follow this  
aaron_38

Pristiq Not Being Absorbed In Body And Found In Feaces

On 30 November, 2016 at 9:38 AM, julim888 said:

It's all there. Not just the shell. sorry to be gross, but we're not crazy. Well at least not about this... ;-) I'm gonna start splitting mine before swallowing from now on. 

Have you noticed a difference since splitting your capsules?

I just found this same problem and came searching for answers.  There was definitely no absorption of the contents of the pill...  Looked just like the pic above  ?? gross but true.   Powder inside dry.   Has anyone had any success in getting a good reply from a Dr.  or pharmacist about how to remedy this problem?  Is cracking the pill or putting a hole in it a good idea? 

My psychiatrist told me to try cracking the pill. I thought  Id try something different first. I have been putting the pill in a cup of hot water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for an hour or so before ingesting. I figure the acidic water  will soften the capsule up a bit. Ive found a couple pills that look like have been completely absorbed so I may be onto something. Ill keep you posted 

I've had the exact same problem.  I do not drink alcohol, and so that theory is not valid.  I will do some more research, but in the meantime, I will begin cutting my pills open.

I couldn’t figure out what was going on when I started seeing White/yellow balls of something in my still.  Like others said earlier, I wanted to know what it was so I crushed one (use plastic gloves) and sure enough there was dry powder in it. As an experiment I then soaked a pristiq tab in water and it looked pretty much the exact same. After reading this thread and my own little testing I think it must be the pristiq! I’m going to talk to my doctor next week and ask about crushing or dissolving in advance. Very strange! Thanks to all of you for sharing. Sigh of relief at least to know I’m not the only one out there with this. 

I put the pristiq pill in a cup of water the night before and it softens the outer shell and then take it the following day. I drink the water as well and take the pill. I think its working(absorbing) so far.

Pristiq has been passing (in full) for a couple of months. It’s not just a shell. I told my psychiatrist about it and he said he’d never heard of this happening. 

I’ve been on antidepressants for 20+ year’s, and have never experienced this. In my opinion, pristiq is useless!  I’m switching back to cymbalta time release caps.