Disappointed-They Moved My Appt!

LibraryLady

Sorry to hear that librarylady. I had that when I was first trying to get in to see a psychiatrist. I found it very difficult. If they try to move it again I hope you can explain to them that that is not ok.

Take it easy on yourself.

Thanks everyone! It was a huge step for me to make the appt in the first place, and then having it moved back makes me anxious. I hope I will manage to not get so anxious that I cancel the appt!

I am trying to be calm and do things I enjoy. I had a good time yesterday handing out Valentine's and seeing everyone's face when I gave them one.

So, I will work on projects I enjoy and visit here a lot!

Thanks everyone and I send you all hugs -- ((((everyone))))

• 1 month later...

I´m sorry to hear about that. I would probably get mad because of that, unless he has a good reason. In my experience, I´m the one usually moves my appointment to a later day and he´s always so kind to do it. If mine were to do that I would have no option but to be nice and cool about it. I do hope you feel better and in the meantime, stay strong and as you know you can always count on us for support. (((hugs)))

• 3 weeks later...

This would be very irritating. However, I just wanted to share something. I had a reschedule happen to me a couple of months back and I found out later, through other channels, that my doc is dealing with some grave health problems. I felt terrible. Here I was feeling jilted and he was going through a really hard time. I realised that our relationship is completely one-sided. It's his job to ask me how I am and all kinds of other questions, but he never says anything about himself. I know that it's his job, but I still felt bad for never thinking about what he might be going through. Also, he works in New Orleans and his case load got HUGE after Katrina because a lot of docs left town. So I consider myself very lucky to have him. I also really don't like a lot of his office staff but I put up with them because he's worth it. Anyway, not that this is the same situation but just something to think about.. Hope your appt goes great!

How frustrating. It's particularly hard especially if you were psyching yourself up for that date and mentally preparing yourself. It ends up being quite emotionally exhuasting if you know you have to extend that high energy for even longer. I understand your dissapointment. Good luck with the wait. Allow yourself to be upset but try to remember to accept what you cannot change.

Yes, I did go to my appointment, and it went well. She upped my Cymbalta from 60 to 90 mgs, which is what I wanted. I found out that she had to have emergency surgery on my first appt date, which is why they had to reschedule me!

All is well. I had my 2nd appt with her yesterday and again it went well. She thinks CBT will help me and we are going to discuss it at the next session.

Thanks everyone for all your concern!

Yes, I did go to my appointment, and it went well. She upped my Cymbalta from 60 to 90 mgs, which is what I wanted. I found out that she had to have emergency surgery on my first appt date, which is why they had to reschedule me!

All is well. I had my 2nd appt with her yesterday and again it went well. She thinks CBT will help me and we are going to discuss it at the next session.

Thanks everyone for all your concern!

I am happy for you LibraryLady (((hugs))) - good to know all is well.

Take care,